Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 6:42:56 PM EDT
Back in July I ordered two cans from David Tom of Going Quiet LLC in Melbourne, FL.

Never talked to the guy on the phone because he was 'To busy' so a email conversation took place. This ended in my sending him some money for the cans along with paperwork from my local dealer to transfer the cans. My local shop/dealer also contacted him and squared everything away with him to get the cans transferred

He had cashed the checks back in July. Since the beginning of September he wont answer phone calls or emails. My dealer who is transferring the cans has also lost contact with the guy. Already attempted calling the ATF to see what they recommend I do. No resolution there. Should I file a complaint with the BBB in FL?

The shop in the area that is doing the transfer has had multiple cans since then come in. I know not everything at the ATF works like its supposed to but I would figure if the cans the dealer in town had transferred to them on Form 3s are already here, the cans from this guy in FL should have been here a LONG time ago.

Any advice is appreciated at this point
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Has your dealer called the NFA Branch to check status on the Form 3s?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The dealer locally has but the guy in FL never sent him the Serial Numbers of the cans and they wont look up the status without those.

All I have is a receipt for the guy in FL showing I paid for the cans
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has your dealer called the NFA Branch to check status on the Form 3s?
View Quote

The dealer locally has but the guy in FL never sent him the Serial Numbers of the cans and they wont look up the status without those.

All I have is a receipt for the guy in FL showing I paid for the cans
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Post this in the FLHTF, and see if some locals can help you out.

I'm pretty damn sure Florida members can offer some assistance, unfortunately I live further south and don't know the guy or the shop.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Back in July I ordered two cans from David Tom of Going Quiet LLC in Melbourne, FL.

Never talked to the guy on the phone because he was 'To busy' so a email conversation took place. This ended in my sending him some money for the cans along with paperwork from my local dealer to transfer the cans. My local shop/dealer also contacted him and squared everything away with him to get the cans transferred
View Quote

What cans and what price did this guy have that made you think he was the best choice, despite being to busy to even take a phone call from you, to do business with in all of the United States?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Post this in the FLHTF, and see if some locals can help you out.

View Quote

I'm pretty damn sure Florida members can offer some assistance, unfortunately I live further south and don't know the guy or the shop.

He doesn't have the best reputation in the FLHTF but I've bought three cans from him with no issues.  He's really not answering the phone when you call?  He always did when I dealt with him.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Your search fu is ...  He is/was a member here.   Info HERE , only charges 75/hr???
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If I still lived in Daytona, I'd take a ride down and check it out for you myself OP.  I moved up to Jax, so its too far south for me to check it out I'm afraid.  I'm sure someone in the HTF will be closer and might be willing to help you out though.

As far as what to do, that's tough.  You've waited pretty long to deal with this.  Considering he cashed the checks in July and had the cans in stock, they should have transferred by the end of Sept.  We're at the middle of November now.  They surely should have transferred to your dealer at this point.

Is this a business or what?  Does the guy have a storefront?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's 'persona non grata' here but he posts WTS ads on Florida Shooters Network and Facebook.

Post something on his page.

https://www.facebook.com/GoingQuiet

View Quote

I believe "choad" is a better descriptor.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Should I file a complaint with the BBB in FL?
View Quote

What's the BBB going to do?  Is he even a member?

I'd say try small claims court instead.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd also post over at http://floridashootersnetwork.com and see what info you can get over there. He posts a lot of ads over there.

He tried to sell me a Pelican case for my Serbu Super Shorty once that cost almost what the gun and stamp did. Dude is a tard.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]
He has a legit storefront and business. My dealer ran the SOT/FFL and it all checked out
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Figuring maybe if the BBB found him at fault that would aid a Small Claims Court battle
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Figuring maybe if the BBB found him at fault that would aid a Small Claims Court battle
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, seriously, BBB won't do a damn thing about it. BBB is a joke. Even you sue and win in small claim court, good luck to make him pay.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He has a legit storefront and business. My dealer ran the SOT/FFL and it all checked out
View Quote

I wouldn't call it a legit storefront. Its a small office in a strip mall crammed full of shit to the ceiling with a small path to his desk and one to his safe. Although I did buy a can from him last year and it went smoothly.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I have bought several cans from him in the last year. Maybe not the most outgoing person but he has cans in stock and good prices when he is "overstocked".
His prices change dramatically with demand!

I would trust that he will come through. He seems to move a lot of product for a one man show despite his reputation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd also post over at http://floridashootersnetwork.com and see what info you can get over there. He posts a lot of ads over there.

He tried to sell me a Pelican case for my Serbu Super Shorty once that cost almost what the gun and stamp did. Dude is a tard.  

Good luck.
View Quote

^ what he said, guy brags openly about ripping newbies off with his outrageous prices and gets butt hurt when we all call him out on it. Hopefully he makes good on his end but he's been active on FSN within the last week or two.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#20]
He logged into FSN today but didn't respond to his open threads for sale or return several emails from members about his products....

Wonder what's going on...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He logged into FSN today but didn't respond to his open threads for sale or return several emails from members about his products....

Wonder what's going on...
View Quote

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been here and seen this thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Check out his facebook page.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Good luck and I hope it all works out.  I bought two cans from him about a year and a half ago and although he was a prick when I went to pick them up I got them in a timely fashion considering how slow the ATF is.  He was enough of a jerk that everything I have bought since has been purchased elsewhere and I actively discourage others from shopping with him.  I was talking with another dealer about his shop and he apparently has a bit of a reputation for being awful to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#24]
It always feel like... Someone's watching me!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Any update? He's replied to the aforementioned FSN threads yesterday....
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#26]
?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top