Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2007 8:16:36 AM EDT
Even over on the CMP site Orest is stating that the chances of much more  in the way of new shipments of Garands coming in is practically nil. He makes mention that those coming in for future sales will be returns of questionable origin most likely not Greek or Dane.  And that a lot of those will be used for parts to build up complete weapons. In several of his posts he states categorically that he doesn't care what some claim to have seen on ship docks the chances are very very slim that there will be any thing worth very much coming in for future sales.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I must get one before the only thing left is just parts kits.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with you AlvinYorkII.  There were only so many of them and the had to run out sometime.  Why is so hard for some to belive this could be it?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#3]

orest on the CMP forum:

Now for the good news - this is not the end of the road, just a hiccup. We have good reason to believe that we may receive another shipment of Garands sometime this year. Keep in mind that there is no way to predict condition and that it will take anywhere from 4-6 months to get any of these ready for sale - se we can't make any promises about these either.

To be accurate on what orest has said.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I agree with you AlvinYorkII.  There were only so many of them and the had to run out sometime.  Why is so hard for some to belive this could be it?  

i dont follow the CMP  / M1  issues very closely but....

seems to me, that a supply of 50-60+ year old rifles that have been through hell and back, donated / given out to other countries, destroyed or parted out...

HAS A CHANCE OF RUNNING OUT.

shit i never thought surplus SA 7.62X51 would run out until i bought one of the last few cases- and there im comparing 30 year old bullets to 60 year old rifles!

face it, supply and demand = running out of supply!
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish they could sell AR's again.  This time A4's or something.  Wouldn't that be cool.  Then throw in some M9's.  Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
In before someone comes in here to accuse you of saying the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In before someone comes in here to accuse you of saying the sky is falling.

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
There are allegedly a shipment of Greek returns alread in the country.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

orest on the CMP forum:

Now for the good news - this is not the end of the road, just a hiccup. We have good reason to believe that we may receive another shipment of Garands sometime this year. Keep in mind that there is no way to predict condition and that it will take anywhere from 4-6 months to get any of these ready for sale - se we can't make any promises about these either.

Everyone likes to ignore this because it's inconvient for their "the sky is falling" threads.  CMP isn't know for talking about things that "might be" so if they're talking about a future shipment, rest assured it's most likely a done deal and is only a matter of time before we see them for sale.

but shhhhhh... keep panicing!  don't let a silly thing like reality stop that!
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
NO ONE thought that M1 Carbines would be flowing through the CMP again.....but yet they are flooded with em!

Relax, the end WILL come but its not today.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
As I have reported previously, CMP is almost completely out of what we called "USGI Garands" and will probably never receive any more. Any rifles we may get in the future will be returns from overseas and we may or may not know the country of origin. We are also almost completely done with the Inspection / Repair and sale of all the Garands returned from Greece and Denmark. I expect that within the next 30 days (as we fill existing backorders) we will be sold out of all grades of Garands. We have more orders than rifles.

We have been reporting that we still had thousands of Garands to inspect, but knew that most would grade in the lower grades. Most of those 'thousands' were in very poor condition. Over the past few weeks we have stripped them down to each individual part. That leaves the CMP with only a few hundred odd Garands (about 300 - Some National Match, some M1Ds, some others. Yes, we do have thousands of Grade B eceivers and a few hundred Garand welded drill rifles.

We also have maybe 2,000 barreled receivers (both worn finish and refinished), that we will build up into complete rifles into whichever grade they fall based on the TE and MW measurements. Assembly of the rifles will start next week and we hope to have that production run complete in the next 60-90 days. No promises.

The only other Garand we have coming up is our 'CMP Select' rifle - which is a reparked receiver, new manufacture barrel, and new manufacture wood. The other parts are those that we have had refinished or nelwy manufactured. Unfortunately, we have only been able to acquire enough wood and barrels to build about 1500-2000 in this grade. Assembly of these rifles will also take about 180 days. Pricing has not been determined.

If anyone has been following our ads, we shifted from adverising rifles to advertising our ammo over the past few months.

In the meantime - the inspection / repair / grading of the Carbines is progressing smoothly.

So - don't expect many (or sometimes any) Garands in the stores for several months.

Even though it's a hiccup it still doesn't sound good I seem to remember Orest saying something similiar about the last load of Danes that came last year. It sounds as if most of the Danes that came in a couple months ago are already spoken for. If that is being chicken little so be it. I am quite glad that I recieved my woodless Dane last month.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone likes to ignore this because it's inconvient for their "the sky is falling" threads.  CMP isn't know for talking about things that "might be" so if they're talking about a future shipment, rest assured it's most likely a done deal and is only a matter of time before we see them for sale.

NT, Are you related to Orest?  Man you always have the lastest and greatest news.  Where do you get this info?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
He lives on the CMP forums thats how.

Wonder how long it will be till the carbines are all sold.  I expect a huge rush at first but then i bet it will level back.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I got in when the gettin' was good..

Two USGI Service grades, one HRA and an SA.  5.7 and 5.9 million respectively.  Nce LMR new guaging barrel on the HRA and 11-65 SA barrel on the SA also guaging new.  Both rebuilt in 1965.  And recently little brother and I got HRA barreled recievers.  They are guaged as service grades..

All things end.  There will be more but the good days are gone..   I only wish I would have ordered USGI sercvice grade IHC and Winchester when they were readily available only three or four years ago...
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Orest is a master salesman.  

That is all.

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

orest on the CMP forum:

Napoleon.  It's really not very nice to talk down to people and that is what your doing.  Yea, people said I was panic buying when I added 20 K more of XM193 @ $3.59 a box in 5/05 to my already large stash.  Well I like to have a good supply of everything and I have to say it worked out quite well.  At the time I got a little ticked off by people saying that ammo would always be there and if we didn't PANIC BUY the price would go down.  How did that work out?  All the guys that bought up the 7.62 SA & Port BPs last year for $20 were called panic buyers also.  There is nothing wrong with buying something you really want in a timely manner especially when the supplies are running low.  I hate to quote Orest because everyone else is but he did say "the CMP sold more Garands in the last three month period than any other time in history".  If they do get more in stock they will be bought up in a flash.  You will see folks buying their yearly quotas in one order, some just for resale.  Telling people not to panic is like saying don't run for the exits if a building is on fire.  It's human nature.  I don't see any panic in these threads, just discussions.  Just enthusiasts chatting about getting a Garand while the getting's good and a little remorse from those who are just discovering Garands and think they missed the boat.  From your posts I sense your knowledgeable about Garands but a bit harsh on those who post something that you do not agree with.  Your posts would be much better received it you spread your wisdom on the subject and were less critical of others.    

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#17]
i don't mean to sound like THAT much of an ass, it just annoys the living crap out of me when people run around like chickens sans heads OMFGWTFBBQSHTFTEOTWAWKI!! NO MORE GARANDS when Orest himself is very confident of resupply in sufficient quantities to describe the current situation as nothing more than a "hiccup".  I realize Garands are finite, BUT I also realize that there are PLENTY more out there to be had, and from the looks of it, CMP is already in posession of, or soon to be in the posession of sufficient quantities to keep us happy for some time.  We're not at "PEAK GARANDS!1!!", this isn't the end of the CMP as we know it, the sky isn't falling, and the sun will most likely rise tomorrow.

Besides, there are carbines to keep us satisfied until the M1's return some time later this year or maybe next year.  If Orest is confident in supply, then I'm confident in supply.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
The sky is not falling.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#19]
20 posts a day average + a twenty something + tooo much free time ='s  a demigod

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#21]
What?  Noone laughed at my reply?  You guys are too serious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Wonder how long it will be till the carbines are all sold.  I expect a huge rush at first but then i bet it will level back.

There's going to be a rush, but they won't sell out instantly. For now, there's a limit of 1 of each manufacturer and they aren't going to sell anything but Inlands until this fall. All the dealers that were buying Garands in multiples of 12 will only be able to get 1 carbine from each wife/kid/parent/cousin.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What?  Noone laughed at my reply?  You guys are too serious.

Who is "Noone?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

orest on the CMP forum:

words of wisdom nt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top