Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 11:06:27 AM EDT
Here is exactly what I am looking for:

1. Molle compatible mag pouch that can carry both (2) AK mags or (2) AR mags.  i.e. the pouch can be loaded with 2 AR mags at one time, the AR mags are removed and two AK mags inserted.

2. flap cover secured by velcro, and preferaly the flap does not have side on it so I can either roll up or fold and stuff the cover behind the pouch.  A snap is OK, but not fastex buckles.

3.  Preferably some "cinching" method with an integral elastic band being first preferred, shock cord being also acceptable. If neither are present I can wrap the pouch in a big rubber band, but that would only be if the pouch is inexpensive...

4.  Not required, but bonues points if the pouch has Molle webbing on the front so I can theoretically attach a pistol mag pouch or other small pouch on the front.

5.  Double bonus points if it is made in Multicam(!).  

I have searched high and low and have not really found what I am looking for- plenty of manufacturer's make AR pouches with these features, but either I can't tell if they will hold AK mags or they defeinitely won't.  If you know of a current pouch that is only listed as holding AR mags but will also work with AK mags, please let me know!.  I suspect that is the big probelm.  At least two pouches I am wondering about are the Tactical Tailor 3 mag AR pouch and the SDS M4 CQB pouches...both look like the flaps are plenty long, it is merely an issue of having enough width for the pair of AK mags...

Thanks!

Dawg
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
yup sure do
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
How about this one: www.rstacticalgear.com/pd_amp.cfm

What do I win? :)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Most pouches just wont fit both AK and AR mags.  Personally, I would get the TT pouches, but since you don't want fastex buckles that pretty much leaves you with the Blackhawk ones.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
e-mail me directly and I will make you a pouch how ever you want it. It wont be some cheap pouch that might work. It will be exactly what you are after because I will build it to your specs.

Thank You
John Willis
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top