Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 1:41:33 PM EDT
I'm working on a reliable sling system for my camera, which is as heavy if not heavier than a loaded AR with my multi-purpose lens stuck on it.

Right now I'm running a cheap Winchester rifle sling I bought at Wal-Mart as a single-point system, but I want something a little more sturdy to connect from the sling to the camera. I have a small straps that came with my prior camera strap, but they're getting frayed and I'm thinking about trading it out for paracord.

I know I can rig the paracord up myself with knots and what-not, but I'd love to find paracord that is already in a small loop/circle to run through the camera connection spot like so:

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Never ever seen something like that, I believe there is no demand, since its super easy to just buy paracord and then make small loops out of it.

Nice camera.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, buy some paracord. It's useful stuff.
I probably have a thousand feet of black and OD.
Plus about seven other colors.
Then learn your knots.

Supply Captain is your friend.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Never ever seen something like that, I believe there is no demand, since its super easy to just buy paracord and then make small loops out of it.

Nice camera.

Not my camera in the pic (though my 1D Mk 2 is fairly adequate).

Someone told my Wal-Mart has some paracord so I'm going to check it out this evening.

Obviously I'm trying to avoid needing a knot, but what would be the best knot for this kind of application (i.e. something fairly heavy on the other end)?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice camera.

Not my camera in the pic (though my 1D Mk 2 is fairly adequate).  

Someone told my Wal-Mart has some paracord so I'm going to check it out this evening.

Obviously I'm trying to avoid needing a knot, but what would be the best knot for this kind of application (i.e. something fairly heavy on the other end)?

Lanyard knot is what I would do.  It is a nice looking knot and will not fail.

Go to youtube and search for "tying it all together".  That guy has very easy to follow instructions.  It's simple, you won't have any problems and you'll learn a useful survival skill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top