Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2009 8:48:03 PM EDT
I have an acquaintance who recently moved here to Indiana and wants to shoot his .50BMG Barret at 1000yds and beyond. Unfortunately Indiana is not a good location to do this and I have been asked to find a suitable range where he could shoot his rifle(s). He has access to an airplane and wants to fly somewhere to shoot on Nov 23rd & 24th.

If anyone knows of a decent facility, preferably with steel targets, in the midwest (or farther).  I would appreciate whatever info you might provide with regard to the name, location, distances available, membership or facility fees, etc..

TIA
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
check here yet

http://www.ohio1000yd.com/index.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It is not 1k yards, but I highly recommend Bass and Bucks in Wabash, IN.  They have a 750 yard range, including 500, 300, 250, 100, and 50.  

I know finding quality ranges is tough, but this one is laid back, and they allow you to drive to the target.  Good solid benches, and the option to shoot from the berm.

Best part, $15 for all day.

Some of the friendliest people you could ask for as well.  While I was there they loaned one of their customers their digital camera so he could have his picture taken with my 50.  

This might be a good place for him to check out just for fun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
check here yet

http://www.ohio1000yd.com/index.html

I did, I've got a call in and I'm hoping they return my voice mail.

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Bass and Bucks

I was shooting steel out to 500 and I'm pretty sure they have hanging steel out to 750 as well.  The price is great and the people are great.  I had a Remington 700 I had just bought and mounted the scope myself.  I guess I put the wrong screws in each base and the bolt wouldn't close all the way.  I have no idea why I didn't check it before I left the house and almost left the range because I felt too stupid to go in and ask them if I could use some tools.  I live over an hour away so I went inside.  The guy working there took the rifle to the back room and fixed it for me.  I asked him how much I owed him and he said nothing.  The only thing I bought there that day was $15 of range time.  My experiences there have been first class.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't help right now, but there will be a new shooting range opening up at Park Mammoth Resort
in Park City Kentucky in the near future (the new owners of the property are still working out
the property transfer which is tied up in probate/IRS issues).  They are planning a 2000 yard range
and are already doing a lot of military/LE training out there.

That's about an hour and a half south of Louisville.  I am down there all the time and talking with the
new owners regularly and they look like they've got their crap together.  I'll announce it here
when they are ready to go public.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help so far guys.  I've not been to Bass & Bucks but I've heard about it and I've got a membership to Young's Longshot which has steel out to 1K but they won't allow .50bmg.  I need a location which allows .50 & has distances out to at least 1K and preferably 1500 to 2000.

How about any facilities not in the "midwest"?  Pretty sure we'll be hopping into a personal jet so we could travel a good distance to get there if necessary.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How about any facilities not in the "midwest"?  Pretty sure we'll be hopping into a personal jet so we could travel a good distance to get there if necessary.

I'm pretty sure I just started hating you.

j/k
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top