Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
I am going back to my SWAT team and taking a position on the sniper team after a two year break to work undercover narcotics.  I will be issued level III soft body armor and an LBV with pockets for everything an entry or gas team member would need.  I would like to find a molle carrier for the soft armor panels which would allow me to position the pouches I want, where I want them.  Most of my gear, data book, rangefinder, binoculars, etc. will be carried in a pack and I'd like to keeo the equipment on my person to a minimum.

Does any reputable manufacturer produce what I am looking for?  I have seen the Eagle Ind. CIRAS and while I love Eagles products, I am a LEO and my budget won't allow for such an expensive piece of gear (got a new wife, new baby, newhouse, etc.).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Phylodog
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Tactical Tailor: Modular Panel Carrier

I'd get one with plate pockets incase you want to upgrade later.

There is a review of one a few pages back

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=195613
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Eagle is coming out with a non-releasable version of the CIRAS, an LEO version. The expected price is in the low $300 range. Black and whatever the current tactical version of OD is called today. Should be released any week now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, I will definitely be looking for the new vest from Eagle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got off the phone with Eagle and the LE armor carrier won't be available for 8 - 10 weeks.  I hate waiting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top