Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 7:43:45 AM EDT
With lots of discussion on putting together parts kits on new receivers.

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php?s=

Is what you are looking for.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to find out which is best receiver to build on.

inch or metric?

Also best parts kit supplier and info on barrel installation and proper "safe" assembly, with safety check list after assembly.

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You will probably want to build on a metric Imbel receiver.  Parts for inch guns are more scarce and thus cost more generally.  Tapco is a good supplier for FN/FAL parts: www.tapco.com  Also, there are 2 video tapes worth getting.  One is from Arizona Response Systems (www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/) and the other is the AGI's FN/FAL armorer's course.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had one built by www.azexarms.com on an imbel receiver. Beautiful and accurate rifle. I'd highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Definately www.fnfal.com is the place to go.  I am a reg there.  (Ak_guy)  I usually sell some FAL shirts, look for the thread in the general Discussion area.

Anyhow I have a Metric STG-58 kit on a IMBEL CAI receiver.  Got Hermit at the Fal Files to parkerize it for me and she is sure sweet!  Beautiful gun!!  Gotta love a .308
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of those guys over at the "falfiles" are pretty picky.

You might mention help on a "FAL" when posting there.  Not the FN FAL which is the pre-ban rifle.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm trying to find out which is best receiver to build on.

inch or metric?

IMHO, I'd go with:

Imbel
Metric
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
For step-by-step building go to cruffler.com
archives. They have an illustrated guide,product reviews,tools-needed,etc.
Very helpful.Best buy/simple,reliable receiver,
just plainest, go with Imbel metric.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
This is exactly the info I need. I ordered Arizona Response Systems video and work book. www.cruffler.com has some good info on tools and receivers.

www.fnfal.com and its forums are EXCELLENT!

Thanks guys. HW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top