Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2003 1:57:07 PM EDT
I am going to be getting a CZ-52 shortly and was wondering who has the best ones out of AIM and SOG. Also where can I get surplus 7.62x25 from. And my last question any info on the russian revolvers in 7.62x25 would be helpful.. Thank you...
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:15:51 PM EDT
I own both a CZ-52, and a 1892 Nagant Gas seal revolver. The idea of firing a 7.62X25 Tokarev through a 1892 Nagant is not wise in my opinion.. Reasons? Look up the performance of the 7.62MM Nagant, then compare it to the HOTTEST 7.62 Tokarev load. (Say, some Czech SMG, or Bulgarian SMG loadings) Big diffrence between a 93 grain lead pill at maybe 1200 fps, and a steel core 92 grain slug at 1900+fps..

If you want a Nagant, be prepared to handload for it. If you want the power of a CZ 52, GET ONE.

Now, Mine came from SOG. Decent gun. The next one came from J&G sales (Century Arms) Very nice piece.
I buy Sellier& Bellot 7.62X25MM ammo, and police the brass. Yes, it's reloadable, and you can make friends by donating it to those with Broomhandles, or Steyr/Solothurn SI-100 SMG's.

Surplus is hit& miss. Most seems to be made for SMG's, and is VERY hot, with relatively insensitive primers. Ferrous jackets are not unusual, and many indoor ranges will not let you shoot this stuff..

Hope this helped some..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:32:49 PM EDT
AIM recently got a nice shipment of CZ-52's. The price is good too. S&B ammois plentiful. I have not seen surplus in a whle.

The 1895 Nagant is a great, odd little pistol. I use mine for WWII reenacting. I have drug it through md so bad most other guns would fail, this thing shoots no matter what. (real)Ammo is about $30 a box from Fiocchi though.

I would caution against using a different caliber in it. the 7.62 X 25 is much higher presure, and the .32 conversions have a larger bore size.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:47:53 PM EDT
As a fellow Cz52 & M1895 nagant owner
When I decided I wanted a Nagant the first place I looked had a few, but they were rechambered for 7.62x25....the shopowner was the actual guy who used to advertise in Shotgun News re rechambering the Nagant. He swore that the the conversion was safe, but still 7.62x25 is half again as fast as regular 7.62x38R, not to mention the already thin cylinder has to be reamed out even more. Much, much higher pressure ammo+ less steel thickness+ who knows how old & mistreated Russki/Soviet metallurgy=

The best 7.62x25 ammo is the new S&B. Fiocchi sells 7.63 Mauser which more or less is the same thing but Fiocchi is +$$$$ compared to S&B. If you can find it the Norinco/ChiCom copperwashed stuff is real nice. The "New Generation" repackaged stuff has mixed reviews. Some folks have nothing but trouble while others (myself included) burn it up with no problems. The Czech ammo that comes 40rnd to a box on 8 rnd stripper clips blows major chunks . I have never been able to fire a complete magazine (8 rnds) without having to double strike at least 2-3. Sometimes even more, plus a few per box that are complete duds.

Meplat. Obershutze916...what year/arsenal are your Nagants? Mine's a 1930 Tula
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:55:16 PM EDT
My nagant is 1939. I forget what arsenal right off. [A star with an arrow in it.]

I would caution against the 7.63. While a good round, it is still has the wrong bore diameter for the nagant barrel.

As for it working in the CZ-52, In some guns it will work, some it won't.

I have had good luck with the SA new Generation ammo. The Czech S & B is still the best.

I have been thinking about reloading. The new Hornady manual shos a load at 1,600 fps with a 95 grain XTP hollow point. It would be a good round.

We just had a police officer killed by some nut with a CZ-52 here this spring. One shot from behind through the hip. Sad, but shows the effectiveness of the round.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:29:30 PM EDT
RR- 1940, Tula Arsenal. Near mint, but a real disappointment to shoot. Just an incredibly boring, reasonably accurate revolver, that's expensive to feed..Came with a bunch of neat accessories though, and I have an urge to scream "Kneel Durak!" when I shoot it..

Most of the Czech stuff that turns up is NOT meant for handguns. It's SMG ammo. VERY hard primers, and the clips are for a Czech SMG..(Though they work in Mauser broomhandles, and Steyr Solothurn SI-100's..)

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:36:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By obershutze916:
My nagant is 1939. I forget what arsenal right off. [A star with an arrow in it.]

Star with arrow would be Tula.

I would caution against the 7.63. While a good round, it is still has the wrong bore diameter for the nagant barrel.

As for it working in the CZ-52, In some guns it will work, some it won't.

D'oh, I meant to say the 7.63 Mauser would/should work in the Cz52, not the Nagant.

One of these days I'm going to buy the loading dies for both the Cz & Nagant. Too bad Wolf or Barnaul don't load 7.62x38R, Fiocchi could use some competition. From what I understand they are prohibited from importing 7.62x25 ammo from Russia
Top Top