Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:00:01 AM EDT
I need help finding a Bavarian marked M1 carbine. I've always wanted one as my first M1. I just missed out on one in Sept. but haven't seen one since. Anyone have a friend or know of a gunshop selling one let me know. I might settle for a USGI mixmaster (not really settle but you know what I mean) in VG shape if I can't find a Bavarian. Thanks in advance! You can E-mail me direct ar:

[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
In thirty odd years of gun shows, gun shops, gun magazines, etc, I have NEVER seen a Bavarian carbine.  You may be in for a wait.................

I can't imagine more than a few thousand were ever done.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw some, actually quite a few several years back.

It seems one of the importers that was in my hometown imported quite a few of them. They were marked Bavarian Forest Service or somesuch. They were stamped that in various places and were nothing more than regular old USGI carbines that were stamped by the outfit that ended up with them after we left them in Germany at the end of the war. The importer was Intrac and they are no longer in business. I got one of their carbines, a nice Winchester, but it was not marked Bavarian in anyway. Some might still crop up every now and then.

Just curious, what is so special about them?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]

I saw some, actually quite a few several years back.

It seems one of the importers that was in my hometown imported quite a few of them. They were marked Bavarian Forest Service or somesuch. They were stamped that in various places and were nothing more than regular old USGI carbines that were stamped by the outfit that ended up with them after we left them in Germany at the end of the war. The importer was Intrac and they are no longer in business. I got one of their carbines, a nice Winchester, but it was not marked Bavarian in anyway. Some might still crop up every now and then.

Just curious, what is so special about them?

Nothing really special about the Bavarian market carbines. Not many around and a few years ago nobody wanted them. This is before i got into firearms.

I saw one years ago marked "BAVARIAN BORDER POLICE"  and another marked "BAVARIAN FORESTRY SERVICE" I thought that it was really cool. I understand that there is a niche market for them and I wanted to get one before the prices go through the roof, if they haven't already.

For me, 1/2 the the fun about collecting C&R firearms is the chase for certain firearms like the Bavarian market ones.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If I recall correctly, Centerfire Systems used to sell them several years ago.  I know it's not much help to you, but they are out there.  Keep your eyes peeled on the auction sites.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to sell my Winchester "Bavarian Forestry service" carbine a while back.  I wish I still had it.

I think I might cry now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]

I had to sell my Winchester "Bavarian Forestry service" carbine a while back. I wish I still had it.

I think I might cry now.

C_Sly your M1 was the one I missed out on in late September.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]

If I recall correctly, Centerfire Systems used to sell them several years ago. I know it's not much help to you, but they are out there. Keep your eyes peeled on the auction sites.

I'm in no hurry so I'll just be on the lookout
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top