Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2014 6:27:45 AM EDT
I couldn't figure out a forum that would apply so I'll give it a go here.

I would like a 9MM carbine along the lines of the Kel tec Sub 2000 that accepts XD magazines.  I have seen a few options that take Glock or Berreta magazines, but nothing for the XD.  I know the GD answer would be to sell the XD and buy a Glock, but I like my XD and would prefer a nice little carbine that would use the same magazines.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone makes sucha  gun. However Stag Arms is introducing a neat AR type 9mm rifle that looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing.  And I don't see that changing.  The XD series are nice guns but not as popular as the other brands.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think anyone makes sucha  gun. However Stag Arms is introducing a neat AR type 9mm rifle that looks pretty cool.
View Quote

The sent out notification yesterday on it. MASP $999. It uses colt styl mags, dedicated lower, so no adapter is needed.

To Date No one makes a 9mm carbine that uses XD mags.
HOWEVER during the 94 AWB, when the HS2000 was introduced, we were doing mag modifications on beretta 92 mags to cross fit the HS200, later the Springfield XD series. That being said, the closest carbine would be the 9mm from Beretta.  Make the notch on the side of your mags to align with the beretta. OR take beretta mags and cut a notch on the front to mimic the XD units.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out thureon defense. They may have an xD model .
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when I had a CX4 carbine, I was able to modify the magazine sleeve to use slightly modified XD mags. The mags still worked in the XD pistol too....of course.

Sold the CX4, still have the modified magazine/grip sleeve.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just stock up on uzi mags and get the a RRA or Stag 9mm AR.  Or sell the crap XD and get a glock.  Several glock mag AR lowers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I have heard of people modifying XD mags to work in a Ruger PC9 and PC4 carbine, they claimed the mags still worked in the XD.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]
great,Just stock up on uzi mags and get the a RRA or Stag 9mm AR. Or sell the crap XD and get a glock. Several glock mag AR lowers.thankshttp://goo.gl/q9DXMP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top