OK, I have the Garand, the 1917, now, I want to add a Mauser 98 K to my Great Workhorses of World Wars collection. Plan to go to the gun show this weekend and start hunting for the 98K. I will be looking for the 98k's with the bent bolt handle and the cutout/Relief on on the RH side of the stock above the trigger.
I have limited knowledge of the 98 K so I would appreciate any info/links/sharing experiences. But, here are my specific questions:
1. I Understand that there are a bunch of Russian 98K's out there now. Anyone have one? what do they look like? How do they shoot? any pics?
2. What should I look for that would be desireable?
3. What should I look for that would tell me "no, no, no" ?
4. price range? I am looking for a shooter, and don't care about markings. If markings were gonna cost more, I'd just rather not pay extra for a swastika or any Waffenamt eagles.
5. Ammo? What does 7.92 mm Ammo go for these days?
6. Any functions check I should make?
Thanks in advance