Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 11:24:27 AM EDT
I have 3 AR's - BM XM15E2, Oly recvr with J&T CAR Kit (Made it myself.  Proud of that one.)and a Colt SP1.  The Bushy was the most expensive!  I'm thinking about trading the Colt for a new Springfield M1A.  I like having the pre-ban but I'd just as soon go with the M1A.  What is a good going rate for an M1A?  The local dealer is asking $11-1200.  He also has a Colt SP1 for $1600, so I could probably get mighty close to an even trade.  Thought?

Thanks,
jd1
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a fair trade.  Colt SP1s should be going for about 11-1200 in ver good condition.  I would not throw in cash. An outright trade would be good to go.  

Hope it helps

Max
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
jd1,

i just bought two SP-1s recently, they both were made in 1975, the first one was/is a cherry.., $1,300, the second, a bit ruff but very nice, $1,200

if it were me, i'd have the balls to ask him for cash back IF you are trading an SP-1 for an M1A...., providing your SP-1 is CHERRY !!

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a 308 to reach out and touch someone.I'd personally keep the SP1 and save up my stash money for the M1A.Easy for me to say as I've already got 3 AR's and a preban M1A.Not that a preban M1A is really worth anymore.

I would not trade unless it was even up for a loaded M1A.They are still making M1A's,but not SP1's.

Whatever you do,you need a M1A someday.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
After buying & shooting mine, I strongly suggest getting an AR-10 over a M1A. Recoil is much much better as is accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After buying & shooting mine, I strongly suggest getting an AR-10 over a M1A. Recoil is much much better as is accuracy.

Thank God I've got both and I'm not faced with that dilemma.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
which ever 308 you go for,i would recomend trading the bushy plus cash on it. depending on future laws and rulings, you may never get the chance to have a pre ban. even if you not a pre ban guy like me, you have one, so keep it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top