BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 1:30:12 PM EDT
http://www.cdnnsports.com/ptr91-308-classic-18-wood.html
How does that plastic lower hold up?
Do these take a bayonet?
This is basically a CETME clone, right?
Anything that needs to be replaced out of the box on these?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2015 1:36:14 PM EDT by JBP_89]
I've heard this was better SA58

Lighter, more accurate, better trigger etc. Just my 2 cent.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:31:20 PM EDT
I'm specifically looking for a H&K. I already had a FAL. Sold it. I may want a FAL in the future, but now looking at h&k. Already bought mags.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT by ARHank]
Plastic holds up great. Metal is available for ~$50

Bayonets are easily adapted with a new cap. http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-93-BAYONET-ADAPTER-NEW-2p2047.htm

Same engineer. Cetme is Spanish. G3/91 is German. Some parts are interchangeable, most are not.

I'm sure you will find all kinds of stuff to change out. None of it will be needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:57:23 PM EDT
I have one and could not be happier with it.  I swapped out the plastic Navy lower for a clipped an pinned steel lower.  I did this because I wanted a wood handgrip.

Here are a few photos.

First, the rifle as received.

Next, with the steel lower and wood hand grip.

And, with the collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:55:05 PM EDT
Two things I would replace on them is the selector lever and have a paddle magazine release installed.  The stock safety lever is way too short but RTG makes an extended lever that replaces it and makes it a lot easier to manipulate.  As far as the paddle magazine release goes, the HK91 had to be modified from the G3 select fire version in order to be legal.  As a result, the pivot pin had to be replaced and a shelf was added in its place.  Doing so made it street legal but it also meant loosing the paddle magazine release.  The button was still there but like the selector lever, WAY too far forward to manipulate without radically shifting your grip.  Adding a paddle magazine release is doable but is a job best left to professionals since drilling just a wee bit too far and now you have an unregistered machine gun in the eyes of the ATF.  Also, on mine, I replaced the stock cocking handle with a larger and easier to grab HK21 machine gun cocking handle  If you stick with the stock handguards, you can get away with the smaller cocking handle but I went with the larger wide handguard as it turns back barrel heat better and also covers a hot trunion.  The trade off was that it made the cocking handle harder to reach so the addition of the HK21 machine gun cocking handle was installed to address that problem.
Top Top