Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/27/2002 9:15:50 PM EST
I found a post where someone suggested 120mm airtight cans...where to get em? Also, seems like I saw an ad for some kind of big plastic tubes....anyone thought of large size PVC, screw on endcap on one end, or just seal, then hacksaw off whenever? Opinions please.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:24:55 PM EST
On the cans i would suggest the local army surplus store.

Make sure the can has no rust and the rubber seal is not dried and cracked.

Oh, put a desiccant pack in the can to absorb any remaining moisture.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:26:50 PM EST
Once the can is sealed, try not to open it unless you must.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:37:23 PM EST
I've thought of using PVC myself.I just can't bring myself to part with any of my weapons.I figured 12 or 14 " PVC with 1 or 2 weapons,ammo,etc. etc.

I was going to cap the ends,pull a vacumn on it,fill with nitrogen and start digging my hole.Most people don't have the equipment to do this so if you threw in a couple of dessicant packs you should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:58:05 PM EST
Yep, that's the problem isnt it? Who wants to store toys that are fun to shoot...:-) Guess that means at least 2 of everything good, heck maybe even three.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:01:57 AM EST
P.S.,If you've got a trusted friend who's an Air Conditioning mechanic he can pull a vacumn and fill with nitrogen.
Top Top