Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2014 11:21:21 AM EDT
Found some of these locally and need to find load data for 300 blackout supersonic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have powder yet. This is my first reloading ever.  I have h110 on back order.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang.. good luck getting H110. I have had some on backorder for a while. I scored a bunch of 1680 so I am good. If you are in Austin, TX, I could spot you a little 1680.

Accurate has good load data for 150's (and others) for 1680.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I gave some 1680 to a friend because he was having the same primer issue with 110. I believe he was using 150gr FMJ (pull downs of something cheap). He got great accuracy but was upset about primers. He hasn't tried the 1680 yet. I have only used 1680 with Missouri cast (245), Sierra MK (210s) and some 220 "Seconds" from Grafs. Only Subs so not going to blow a Primer there. I plan on using my free 150's from Hornady (rebate) for "cheap" 300 fun.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had poor results with H-110 with bullets heaver tan 135 grs in 300 blk. (blown primers as pressure builds very rapid with this powder)  

Look at the loading data and make a list of the usable powders, for when you go shopping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have powder yet. This is my first reloading ever.  I have h110 on back order.
I have had poor results with H-110 with bullets heaver tan 135 grs in 300 blk. (blown primers as pressure builds very rapid with this powder)  

Look at the loading data and make a list of the usable powders, for when you go shopping.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
You can download the 300 blk info from Sierra for their bullets.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:28:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, IME. IMR 4227 is easy to find, and cycles my gas system in supers no problem. Haven't had much time to play with subs, but I'm not going to bother with load development with them until my stamp comes in anyways - I've read that 4227 is doable with a subs, a can, and an adjustable pistol-length gas system, but I'll wait and try it for myself.

Anyways, I save the H110 for the 110 and 125 grain bullets, and use 4227 for 147 pulls and 150's. To be honest, I'd start off reloading a different (read:easier) cartridge with a lot more published data, and move to 300 blk after getting some experience under your belt, but that's just me. The same basics apply, so it's certainly possible to start with 300 blk - don't let me get you down. I've just had to experiment with this cartridge a hell of a lot more than other cartridges.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyways, I save the H110 for the 110 and 125 grain bullets, and use 4227 for 147 pulls and 150's. To be honest, I'd start off reloading a different (read:easier) cartridge with a lot more published data, and move to 300 blk after getting some experience under your belt, but that's just me. The same basics apply, so it's certainly possible to start with 300 blk - don't let me get you down. I've just had to experiment with this cartridge a hell of a lot more than other cartridges.
View Quote

With the limited availability of reloading components, it makes it more difficult. I don't think reloading 223 will help me much as a newbie. It's all about funding the right recipe, maybe it's because 223 is more widely reloaded that the recipes are more well known.   I have a pistol length gas system on a 10" barrel, 150gr sierra bullets. I just need a recommendation on powder.  Did you go with 4227 to avoid a compressed load? Or another reason? Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I found this, but not sure if bullet brand matter.  This link shows hornaday 150gr.

http://www.2ndefense.com/300-aac-blackout-reloading-data/
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

With the limited availability of reloading components, it makes it more difficult. I don't think reloading 223 will help me much as a newbie. It's all about funding the right recipe, maybe it's because 223 is more widely reloaded that the recipes are more well known.   I have a pistol length gas system on a 10" barrel, 150gr sierra bullets. I just need a recommendation on powder.  Did you go with 4227 to avoid a compressed load? Or another reason? Thank you for the help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

223 with normal bullets will have much more load data, and more importantly for the moment, have a vastly higher number of powders that will work well for it, compared to 300 blk, that's all. 4227 has roughly the right burn rate for supers in the 300, and it's widely available. That's pretty much it. 1680 does a better job of cycling the gas system at sub pressures because of its pressure curve,  but it's a pain to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top