Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 8:42:05 PM EDT
After zeroing my new Bushmaster M4 I only have 10 clicks left in my windage to the right.  Is there anything I can do to have the peep more centered so I can have more adjustment?  What does each click represent.  1/2 MOA?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Each click represents 1/2 MOA. Your problem most likely comes from incorrect barrel indexing. I had the same problem with a Bushmaster. Send them the upper and they will correct the problem free of charge. They wll not need your lower. You should have it back in less than 2 weeks. Call BM's customer service and discuss the problem.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Why am I the one paying for shipping when they're the ones that goofed?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
i am a happy bushy owner but this seems to be a very common problem from them. do they actually check those rifles prior to shipping them out? Seems that would be a very easy thing to find before sending.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Actually, call their TECH SUPPORT number and ask for Jerrod.  He'll issue you a UPS call tag.  Have the complete upper boxed up when UPS comes to pick it up.  Bushmaster usually only needs a day or two with the upper to re-index the barrel to the upper receiver.  Add UPS shipping to both ends, and you usually have a 2-3 week turnaround.

-Troy

Yeah, what I said.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine was the same way, though I've been holding off on sending it back to see if I can live with it.  My rear sight is almost all the way to the right.  

Definitely a big dissapointment, and makes me wonder how much QA they really do,as others have said this seems like something they should catch before it leaves the factory.  I would think a simple laser alignment tool could see this right  after assembly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got 3 Bushies, only 1 had this problem and had to go back.  Bushmaster fixed it very rapidly.

You could actually leave it, since few people adjust windage once the gun is zeroed, but since it is a new gun, and it is out of spec, I'd send the upper back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that really suprises me that this is a common problem!!!  Come on Bushmaster!  I'm somewhat comforted I'm not the only one, but also sorry that others suffered the same misfortune.  I just waited 2 months to get this beautful work of art, and now I have to send it away for 3 weeks :( .  Do they have to test fire it?  Should I keep my bolt and goodies with the upper?  To all of you guys that have sent your AR's into Bushmaster for work:  were you happy with their service?  Any new scuffs or dings??  I finally got used to the Mini-Y.  I never felt anything like that!  I'm used to my M700's.  Totally new ball game.  Have much of you put a match front post on?  Mine covers up a lot of realestate at 200yds.  Thanks Again All!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why am I the one paying for shipping when they're the ones that goofed?

You aren't.  When BM issues a UPS call tag, that means THEY are paying for the shipping.

-Troy

OK Troy.  Sorry, I read ya wrong.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow, that really suprises me that this is a common problem!!!  Come on Bushmaster!  I'm somewhat comforted I'm not the only one, but also sorry that others suffered the same misfortune.  I just waited 2 months to get this beautful work of art, and now I have to send it away for 3 weeks :( .  Do they have to test fire it?  Should I keep my bolt and goodies with the upper?  To all of you guys that have sent your AR's into Bushmaster for work:  were you happy with their service?  Any new scuffs or dings??  quote]

Bushmaster has had some trouble with this issue.  I think it's gotten much better lately, since we don't see as many posts about it.

The service was outstanding.  I sent the complete upper.  I assume they re-test fire the gun, so they would need the b/c assembly.

I sent mine in on a Thursday, got it back the following Tuesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top