Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2013 6:37:48 PM EDT
I think the Mystic is going to be my next suppressor. I've been wanting one real, real bad for a while now and need to make it happen. I can use it on my .22's, 9mm handguns and a benchrest AR build I have. I can even use it on .357mag if I ever want to. Its built like a tank. User-serviceable. Steel so its safe in my ultrasonic cleaner and the dip. Its a little heavy but not overly so, and the weight is a fair trade-off for the versatility it offers.

But before I start the paperwork, are there any downsides or issues I may have missed?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
No real downsides other than it being a little heavy. I like mine a lot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The Mystic is a great 9mm can that just so happens to be adaptable to several other calibers.     As a .22 can, its grossly overbuilt and will look/ feel out of place on .22 host firearms.      As a .223 can, the efficiency suffers due to the larger than necessary bore diameter.     .223 rate of fire is also limited to prevent over heating of the components which were primarily designed for handgun use.

Due to its size and weight,  I think a Mystic would make an excellent subgun/ 9 mm SBR can.     For pistol use, it will work exactly as intended, but the average 9mm can on the market is shorter and lighter.    HOWEVER, if you plan on suppressing .357 Magnum, the Mystic is going to be about your only option.     Keep in mind that the super sonic crack from .357 mag ammo is still going to be quite loud.

Edit, Ive heard that an Octane 45 is capable of suppressing .357 Magnum when fired from a carbine length barrel.    The extra volume of the .45 can is what allows this.    An email to Andrew @ Silencerco might be a good idea just to confirm.    An Octane 45 is still 4 ounces lighter than a Mystic and adds the ability to suppress .45 acp, though you will lose the capability of suppressing .223.    

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edit, Ive heard that an Octane 45 is capable of suppressing .357 Magnum when fired from a carbine length barrel.    The extra volume of the .45 can is what allows this.    An email to Andrew @ Silencerco might be a good idea just to confirm.    An Octane 45 is still 4 ounces lighter than a Mystic and adds the ability to suppress .45 acp, though you will lose the capability of suppressing .223.    

View Quote

Will the Octane do subs or supersonic 300 blk from a SBR barrel?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely will handle subs. I would check with SilencerCo about supers, though. But I bet it will.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If your worried about the weight, check out the Liberty Infiniti.  It's made of titanium and is much lighter.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Went to one of Liberty's suppressor demos where they let you shoot their cans to your hearts' content.
All of their stuff sounded great!
The Miranda, Mystic, and Infiniti were nice.
The prototype .22 can was really nice also.  Hope they get it out on the market.  
Glad I bought the Victory and Essence.
The Uzi was a hoot!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. Like I said I'm pretty much sold on it. Just wanted to see if there was something I overlooked, but it doesn't seem that way. I've shot it on pistols and yeah, it was a little heavy on the front-end, but I didn't notice the weight much. If anything I would mount it on one of my heavier 9mm pistols, for example my 92FS.

One question; has anyone shot a 16"+ AR with the Mystic threaded on? Was it hearing safe, or just took a lot of the bite out?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't own a Mystic yet, but I can tell you they are a great company. I had a Qs about my purchase from them. Sent an email ticket in, they called me 10 minute later to answer my question.

Thanks Liberty! Now if only my Leonidas was not in jail
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had the mystic for a year now. It has ran 3-4K .22 through it, 900-1K 223 through it on my rem 700 milspec. I use it deer hunting on mu Blackout. it also sits on my Glock 23 with 9mm LW conversion barrel in it. I have yet to have a problem or be disappointed with it, I did have a MINOR baffle strike. the baffle just rolled a little and is fine. It was with Blazer Brass ammo. Liberty thought the jacket might have came apart and caused the problem. I only shoot hand loads on 9mm now.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one of the first Mystics. Works great I use it I my SBR .22 ,9mm, and 300 blkout. Also on Full auto.! It's a great can from great company.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I put my friends Mystic on my 16" AR and we put a few rounds of 5.56 through it just when it was starting to snow. A lot of barriers such as trees around us, and I was standing less than 20ft to the rear at about 5 o'clock, and from my position it was hearing safe. My friend whom has several suppressors for AR's was surprised by how quiet it was and liked the tone as well (he bought his Mystic for other applications and never tried it on an AR).

I'm definitely buying one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought you might be interested in something I saw on Liberty's site.
C&H Arms sale

Also Gemtech has a 25% sale going on until the end of the month.
Multimount Adapters

Mine just got to my dealer this month and the Form 4 has been sent.

Now the waiting starts.
Hopefully I will have it in time to use it during the fall.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top