Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2014 8:42:18 PM EDT
I was thinking about a set for my Rem 870, but on their website it is $375.00 installed!!! $475.00 for the night sights.. Anyone else sell/install them cheaper?? Host is a 870 Marine Magnum waiting for SilencerCo Salvo 12 suppressor and they look a little taller than the Statterguns + the rail.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at the Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech Trak Lok sights?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but the Vang look to be taller and their will be a Salvo 12 suppressor  on the end. I did find them cheaper as far as just the purchase, but still almost $200.00 more than the Scatterguns. I have an email in with SilencerCo to see if the Scattergus will clear.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, th Vang Comps are taller, but the Scattergun Tech's look tall enough. Interesting to see what they say. Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech can probably answer that question for you as well.

I've got those sights on an SBS 870, if you need any measurements.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I will standby for SilencerCos answer. I may still be leaning towards the Vang Comp since they are silver soldered on vs glued for the front.

Feel free for anyone to post pics of their Vang/Scatterguns sights.

Their Timley response.

Kevin,
We haven't had any experience with these sights and the Salvo as of yet.  After looking at all the information I can find about the Scattergun Technology sights it appears that it would clear  but without the sights in hand I couldn't be 100% sure.

I apologize for not having more specific information for you.  Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
So far I found the Vang Com vs the Scatterguns from Brownells a $102 price difference. Pretty sure I'm going Vang.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
LPA, It is on dozens of shotguns. Vang comp just copied their rear sight.

Example:
Beretta TX4
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks huge...Thanks got the info though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
They also have the lower profile.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Scattergun Tech front sights can be soldered on......you don't have to glue them.

Even better, if you have already have a bead-on-a-platform front sight, you glue or solder the front sight on, then drill through the ST front sight base, through the platform and run a 1/16" roll pin through it. Now you're double whammied and it ain't going NOWHERE. Thats how I always mount mine.

Mine is a heavy use gun. I teach Combat Shotgun and this is the shotgun I commonly use. I also use it for Entry Courses I teach, as well. It gets knocked around a lot and that front sight hadnt budged in all these years.

Not trying to talk you out of the Vang Comp sights........they make fine products and those sights will serve you well.

The LPA sights are excellent as well. I used them for years on several different Benelli M1's and M2's.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]
cmshoot. Thank you for your information.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Anytime.  I'd like to know which way you end up going, and finished pics are de rigueur!

FWIW, I measured my Scattergun Tech front sight.  The highest point of the front sight blade is .625" above top dead center of the barrel.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anytime.  I'd like to know which way you end up going, and finished pics are de rigueur!

FWIW, I measured my Scattergun Tech front sight.  The highest point of the front sight blade is .625" above top dead center of the barrel.  Hope this helps.
View Quote

Thanks. I will definitely send some pics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot the Silencerco Salvo 12 yesterday.  We had it mounted on a vent rib Rem870 because that's what we had readily available that was threaded for chokes and took the included adapter.

You do not need sights that are very tall to clear the Salvo 12......the top of the bead on the vent rib was right about at the top edge of the suppressor.  The factory Remington rifled sights would clear it easily, as well as any ghost ring sights I have ever seen or used.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Both Sage and XS ghost rings are available as bolt on fronts and d+t rear. Just an option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top