Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/12/2003 6:05:47 PM EDT
Hello all, wondering if Benelli makes a left hand safety? Or is the stock safety reversible? Just looking at the parts diagrams between the left hand M1 field and the Super 90 and the safeties for both have the same part number. If this is possible, is it an easy task? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:56:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 9:57:10 AM EDT by HKocher]
You can reverse the factory safety. I don't have the manual or gun in front of me, since I'm at work, but I think I can remember the procedure.

Unload and break down the gun and remove the trigger assembly. Located a pin directly above the safety, about midway up the trigger assembly. Punch the pin out, now if you flip the trigger assembly upside down, a detent and spring will drop out, be careful not to lose them. Push the safety button out, reverse it, and place it back in. Drop the detent and spring back in, punch the pin back in. That's it. Make sure to function test it (unloaded of course!) before you hit the range.

Very easy to do, just remember to tell your buddies when they are shooting your gun, since it can be a little confusing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:53:15 PM EDT
Thank you HKocher. I was pretty sure that it was reversible, just wanted to hear someone else say that it was (and directions are great also). I'm usually the only one shooting her so there shouldn't be any confusion, but I will remember that. Thanks again.
Top Top