Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2012 4:55:21 PM EDT
I can't remember if I've asked this in here before but has anyone used one of these? I've been rolling my own buckshot but it's just not worth it unless I make my own cost wise. I'm set up to cast already. Just need a mould and have been looking at these in #4 buck.

Any experience would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I can't remember if I've asked this in here before but has anyone used one of these? I've been rolling my own buckshot but it's just not worth it unless I make my own cost wise. I'm set up to cast already. Just need a mould and have been looking at these in #4 buck.

Any experience would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Bigger is better when casting buckshot.

It takes you forever to cast a lb of useable shot when casting #4 buck or similar.

#1, #0, #00, #000 is where it's at.     Check out the sharpshooter molds if you're hell bent on casting smaller buckshot.    

I have cast #4, #1, #0, #00, and #000 and it makes a huge difference.    Typical #4 buckshot load is 24-27 pellets.    That's 12-13.5 castings with a x2 mold.        Typical #00 load is 8 or 9 pellets.   That's 4-4.5 castings with a 2x mold.    

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I know zero about casting but lee makes a 18 pellet mould in 00. Not sure of any other sizes. Seems like it would be a real time saver
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I know zero about casting but lee makes a 18 pellet mould in 00. Not sure of any other sizes. Seems like it would be a real time saver

That is the one I'm talking about. I'm not going to sit around for DAYS casting 2 #4 buck at a time. I would be at the smelter for an eternity. LOL.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top