Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:27:34 PM EST
I've been having problems w/ my XDm 9 and Lee Tumble lube bullets. I've been having too many FTE's with just my XDm. Now I realize that FTE's can be caused by many different things but I have been trying to figure out this problem for about 6 months now.

-No problems running said bullets/load in my two other 9mm pistols.
-I marked 5 different magazines on my XDm and have figured that no single magazine is the culprit.
-Extractor on the XDm doesn't seem bent
-XDm cycles fine with my jacketed reloads.
-Problem FTE's cases are inspected and fit in and out of chamber fine. (no rough or tight chamber)

I wish I would have taken a picture to make this more clear but it looks like the fired case is getting stuck on the forward edge of the micro groove band while being extracted. This malfunction will happen roughly 1 out of 50 rounds.

Do any of you have any light to shed?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:37:16 PM EST
Different bullet molds have a slightly different chamfer for the leading edge of the band. I have a friend who has a ton of molds for 45 and tried several type. Some mold types fed better than others in the same weight and style. He had one that just would not run in my XD45 due to a sharper more pronunced edge for the semi wadcutter.

Mine is pretty picky on seating depth. This will move the leading edge slightly. Play with seating depth and see what that does for you..

Is it getting caught on the feed lips of the magazine?? Modify the lips slightly??

Try seating depth first...
Top Top