Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2008 9:45:24 AM EDT
Hey All,

I recently purchased the Lee Classic Turret Press with Auto Indexing, and the Lee Pro Auto Disk Powder measureing system.

From all the video's on Youtube I've watched, and all the websites I've read about this press, everyone has been using the Double Disk Kit with the pro powder measurer.   But I have yet to read anything at all about the Adjustable Powder Charge Bar.  The Adjustable Powder Charge bar seams like it would be easier to make fine adjustments.

Does anyone have experience with these 2 products?   I am reloading .223 and possibly 9mm (Havent looked into the total cost of 9mm reloading yet to see if it's even worth doing).

Lee Double Disk Kit

Lee Adjustable Powder Charge Bar

Thanks in advance for the help..

-Masta
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the charge bar for my 38 Specials.  Never could find the right hole with the powder I use.  I like it.  I did use the double disk kit with my 223 loads, but went back to my RCBS Uniflow powder measure for a little more consistency.  But to be honest, I really don't see that much difference.  I thought it might get rid of some of the fliers.  Starting to think it might be me on those.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The Double Disk is great for the powder charges that are published for its use, but if you have a deviation or difference (assuming its within load parameters via published data),you're screwed (and not happily).

The adjustable charge bar gives you the latitude for small adjustments in charge weight.

For my money (I use one for .32 ACP and .32 S&W Long loads in my Dillon 550 ), the charge bar is the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the auto disks most of the time but if I have a load where the charge is between what disks load could give,  I break out the charge bar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Adj Charge Bar does not have enough capacity for some powders and .223 loads.  For those, DDK is the only option within Lee's product line.

The Adj Chg Bar is great for practically all pistol loads except those on the light end.  For those, the resultant slit doesn't provide the best consistency, but once your over 5.0 grains or so, it's great.  If throwing under, just use the appropriate disk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top