Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:01:46 AM EDT
What is everyone's opinions on the Lee Classic Loader? The ones that come in the red box and all you really need is a hammer besides what's included (for general loading). I am wanting to do small batches of .270 WIN and feel a press, although nice to have, isn't necessary for the ~50 or so rounds I'd be doing at a time. I'd of course get a decent scale.

Opinions? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used a few of them.  30-06 and 7mm-08.  The catch to them is they only neck size the brass.  So it must be brand new brass or brass fired only in the rifle that you are loading for.  I missed that part when I first got one and  loaded some 30-06 for me and a buddy.  The rounds would chamber in my rifle but not my buddies.  Now the rounds for my rifle were a little more accurate than the factory stuff.  But I have not used it for several years.  I just use my Load master progressive.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Put the money towards a regular press & dies.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Fastest way to load 20 rounds.  Because you don't have anything but the seating depth to adjust.

They work fine for bolt action rifles or single shots.  The weakest part is the priming system.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fastest way to load 20 rounds.  Because you don't have anything but the seating depth to adjust.

They work fine for bolt action rifles or single shots.  The weakest part is the priming system.

This. I have loaded hunting rounds for .303R British with the Lee Loader. I got to about 80 rounds in an hour with it! Very cheap and easy way for small scale, single shot reloading.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome guys! Thanks!

I have a Marlin XL7 in .270 that will be the only gun I'll be reloading for. I have 400 rounds of Winchester Super X that I've shot maybe 20 from, probably do batchs of 100 until I can no longer use the cases.

Appreciate the input!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top