Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:29:13 AM EDT
Does anyone run lead projectiles through a ti rant .45 suppressor. I have about 6000 230 grn. LRN projectiles and a suppressor waiting on a approval. Will I screw it up with lead I know .22 suppressors obviously have lead going through them but can the bigger ones?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't. Most .22 cans can be broken down for cleaning (due to the leading issue). Not so for your Ti-rant .45.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't. Most .22 cans can be broken down for cleaning (due to the leading issue). Not so for your Ti-rant .45.
View Quote

I was under the impression the Tirant is user serviceable meaning it could be taken down for cleaning

Is this incorrect?

I just read their discription and it mentions the booster is serviceable, maybe I was wrong this entire time...

I was wanting a Tirant because I thought it was able to be taken down, may have to look elsewhere now. I was going to be shooting lead reloads through mine as well

ETA... They sale a endcap tool for 2011+ Tirants. This would mean it has to be user serviceable correct?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes a Tirant can be taken down, but if you are shooting lead through it you should take it apart every couple hundred rounds or it will just become a giant pain to take apart.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes a Tirant can be taken down, but if you are shooting lead through it you should take it apart every couple hundred rounds or it will just become a giant pain to take apart.
View Quote

Tirant is still in my future then
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]

I love my Ti-rant .45

Stupid quite, and they are take-apart

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I shot .22 LR through my Tirant for a year.  Never again.  After cleaning it 3 times, I ordered an Element 2.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I shot .22 LR through my Tirant for a year.  Never again.  After cleaning it 3 times, I ordered an Element 2.
View Quote

How did it sound out of curiostiy?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would like to know this as well. A TiRant 9 will be my first can and I want to use it on my .22 while I collect funds for a dedicated .22 can.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shot it side by side against my dads sparrow using identical Rugers and everyone there agreed the tirant sounded quieter /deeper and lacked the first round pop of the sparrow.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shot it side by side against my dads sparrow using identical Rugers and everyone there agreed the tirant sounded quieter /deeper and lacked the first round pop of the sparrow.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd hope so. The can is gigantic in comparison to a Sparrow, so it's got a ton more internal volume.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top