Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 9:16:29 AM EST
In the bottom of one of my buckets of wheel weights I found these little gems waiting for me.

" />

The bag is full of brand new clips, fresh paint never used.
The box is full of the chrome stick on style wheel weights.

The thing that really caught my eye was the two batteries. Holy shit that would suck if I just threw those into the smelter!

Be careful out there!

NMWaterfowler, this bucket wasnt from your store. Your wheelweights are by far the cleanest I have encountered and I doubt the other source will get used again. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:31:59 AM EST
Razor blades and who knows what are common in buckets of WW, safety first. Wait until you find a hypdermic needle in one!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:45:02 AM EST
Quoted:
Razor blades and who knows what are common in buckets of WW, safety first. Wait until you find a hypdermic needle in one!!!!

I was looking for one believe it or not. WHen I dumped the bucket a bunch of latex gloves and tourniquets. Needless to say, I had thick leather gloves on while sorting that pile of garbage.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:49:59 AM EST
This is why I always use gloves when collecting, sorting, and smelting them. Too many horror stories about the things people find.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:14:19 PM EST
Glad you did not get a charge out of that batch of WW's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:26:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:00:23 PM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking for one believe it or not. WHen I dumped the bucket a bunch of latex gloves and tourniquets. Needless to say, I had thick leather gloves on while sorting that pile of garbage.

I would not go to that garage anymore! Imagine the QC of the vehicle repair.
Actually imagine the after work parties!

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:36:43 AM EST
One of the buckets from the past had been used as a spit can for the tobacco chewers in the garage.  Most had dried onto the weights with a few wads mingled throughout.
Luckily, it was outside for smelting with the neighbbors gone.  Thats the only one that stank worse than the bunring valve stems that find their way in.  Yea, I should dump them out and sort, but I prefer to dump on plywood just to check for water and shovel into the pot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:45:56 AM EST
Yikes!!  

I'll be carefully picking through my lead stash from now on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 2:29:50 PM EST
Mostly cigarette butts in my recent haul, plus stickers that are on the new tires.  I'm definitely going to be more careful next time.
Top Top