Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2014 4:17:34 PM EDT
I have an inert Landmine. I would like to know what type of Landmine it is and it's value.

I think a pressure plate would be attached to the threaded plug on top of the mine.

Your advice will Greatly Be Appreciated!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you 100% sure it's inert?

When I was in, all inert / training stuff was blue...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an inert Landmine. I would like to know what type of Landmine it is and it's value.

I think a pressure plate would be attached to the threaded plug on top of the mine.

Your advice will Greatly Be Appreciated!

View Quote

This looks like the base of the Italian VS 2.2 or Singapore copy of a VS 2.2

In your pictures the 1st picture is of the bottom of the mine, and the 2nd picture is of the top, missing the fuzing portion.

If it were complete, it has a NIB value of $275

INERT PRODUCTS LLC

I would guess it is worth about $50 to $75.

It would be good to know if it is INERT filled (Resin, plaster of paris, etc)

re: COLOR CODES:

NATO are pretty much the ONLY countries that mark their INERT stuff BLUE.

Color codes are NEVER 100% correct either.

I have seen BLUE bodied submunitions with LIVE fuzes and BLUE bodied submunitions with live HE filler and DUMMY fuzes.

That's USA.  Other countries QC/QA is abyssmal.

Best of luck!

~Will
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank You!

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Out of my lane, but seeing all the crud on it, I would bet it's a buriable test mine. If your phone has the feature, I'd scan it to see if it detected any metal.

Throw it up on gunbroker. Someone will buy it...  

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of my lane, but seeing all the crud on it, I would bet it's a buriable test mine. If your phone has the feature, I'd scan it to see if it detected any metal.

Throw it up on gunbroker. Someone will buy it...  

View Quote

I am going to take that rout with GB. I sent pictures out to a collector of destructive devices and he game me an estimated value of $125.00 to $150,00.

I had one guy respond to me and he told me the ass end of his Humvee was blown off by one of these minds in Iraq back in 2005.

Thanks for the Help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top