Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2012 3:01:07 PM EDT
Is ft Knox the only company that installs the lagard redundant lock?
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
These locks can be put on any safe, but.....

LaGard (Kaba) has discontinued the lock, so the only locks available are those that remain in inventory.  I've been trying to track one down for a local customer, and it took me several days to locate a supplier that had a few left.  There is another major lock manufacturer that has their own version coming out soon.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's one of the (now difficult to find) locks installed on one of my B rates for a local customer.

A retrofit takes about an hour, and requires a few additional holes in your safe.  You also need to have a deep enough door cavity, as the lock is almost twice as deep as a standard lock.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, crap.  I just found they've been discontinued, then I found this thread.  Can you tell me the name of the manufacturer that will be releasing a comparable unit?

Can you share what I should expect for cost on the hardware?  Installation?  Lastly, what door depth is needed?  I've got a local safe guy trying to hunt one down now, but so far no luck.  This will be going on a Chinese RSC.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
LP is the other manufacturer with a model forthcoming.  I have no idea what the cost will be, or what it looks like.  They had their version on display at one of the shows, but may be waiting on UL testing before it's released.

There are still some of these LaGard units out there sitting on shelves.  It's just a bit tough to track them down.  All of the major distributors have sold all of their stock.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

LP is the other manufacturer with a model forthcoming.  I have no idea what the cost will be, or what it looks like.  They had their version on display at one of the shows, but may be waiting on UL testing before it's released.

There are still some of these LaGard units out there sitting on shelves.  It's just a bit tough to track them down.  All of the major distributors have sold all of their stock.

My guy found 4 of them, but at a quoted $800 each (parts only), I think I'll pass.  Hard to justify $1k for convenience only.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If one can be located (and my source may still have a few left), they can be had for $300, which includes the keypad, dial, dial ring, and lock body.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If one can be located (and my source may still have a few left), they can be had for $300, which includes the keypad, dial, dial ring, and lock body.

That's more in line with my expectations.  That would be $400-$500 installed, which I could justify.  If your source has another, I would certainly be interested in it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top