Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 1:10:34 PM EDT
OK, I've evolved from a "Vietnam-era" LBE (web pistol belt held up with "Y" suspenders, and supporting several ammo pouches, canteen pouches, and butt pack), to a "battlebelt" (padded Molle belt cover that goes over a nylon web belt, and held up with "H" suspenders), supporting a variety of pouches.

This is primarily for day hikes, out to where I can do some "plinking" & target practice with my SKS & 9mm pistol. But I'm also thinking ahead, just in case...

The battlebelt is more comfortable, but because there isn't anything on the direct front of the belt, it tends to hang lower on my back/butt than I like. I've tried adjusting the suspenders several ways, but that doesn't help.

My load (left to right) is:
9mm mag pouch.
M16 ammo pouch with 5 stripper clips for my SKS.
Canteen pouch with canteen, lighters/matches, and water purification tabs.
Buttpack with poncho, sox, emergency bivy bag, leather gloves, hat, flashlight, extra batteries, duck tape.
SAW pouch with first aid supplies.
Canteen pouch with canteen, candy bars/cliff bars, and fishing line/hooks.
Holster with 9mm pistol.
On the shoulder straps, I have my GPS (left side) & compass (right side).

I could wear a day pack INSTEAD of the butt pack to get some of the weight off the back of the belt, but I'd like to wear the day pack in ADDITION to the butt pack. That way I can take some "target objects" (paper targets, melons, etc.).

Is there another way to prevent the belt from hanging so low in the back, or is the day pack the only way to do this?

rict
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a picture? It sounds like you need to push some stuff forward on your belt. When I was on active duty, I kept my canteens as close to 3 and 9 o clock as possible. Helped with a ruck and prevented my LCE from sagging in the rear.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have a picture? It sounds like you need to push some stuff forward on your belt. When I was on active duty, I kept my canteens as close to 3 and 9 o clock as possible. Helped with a ruck and prevented my LCE from sagging in the rear.

Hell, when I was a young stud 11B with a 32" waist my LCE belt was full front to rear with all the stuff they wanted us to carry. I agree you need to move some of the load up front to balance your load.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I thought.

Hmmm....the problem there is that for about 6 inches on either side of the belt buckle there is no MOLLE straps/slots/holes; I'll have to figure out another way to secure stuff there without it sliding around.

Thanks.

rict
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's what I thought.

Hmmm....the problem there is that for about 6 inches on either side of the belt buckle there is no MOLLE straps/slots/holes; I'll have to figure out another way to secure stuff there without it sliding around.

Thanks.

rict

Figured that was the issue you were going to have.          you can try to attach velcro to the pouches and belt in order to secure them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top