Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 6/3/2008 10:01:33 AM EDT
This rifle has an IMBEL receiver, thumb hole stock, no thread or compensator built with a possible British or Australian kit. round count unconfirmed looks to be cosmetically in good condition. HOw much is it worth trade value? I know nothing about FALs and need a little bit of help.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:04:22 AM EDT
Well, what you have described is a probably a Century built Inch kit. These guns sell for $500-700. They really are worth more as parts than as complete guns in most cases- the Imbel receiver is worth $400 by itself, the inch kit if good is $300- There you are.

I have seen a few of them, quite a few on here lately, that guys are buying for $400-500 and modding into decent No Ban type Fals with some 922r parts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:38:19 AM EDT
HERE'S an example of what Will is talking about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:00:02 PM EDT
Exactly. I have seen probably 3-4 of those on here recently that guys bought reasonably and modded. Really at this point in the Fal life cycle, those are some of the very best deals around.

If you can find a Century gun with an Imbel receiver or even one with a Century receiver paired to an STG kit etc....- the parts make it worth redoing and alot of guys just know it's a Century and they don't bring the money they are worth. They are kind of a sleeper and the knowledgeable can make a good buy there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:41:59 PM EDT
thanks for the info It would appear the guy is not aware that he has a century bulit gun it says CAI on the side of it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:04:46 PM EDT
CAI- Century Arms International.

They imported Imbel receivers and also built some guns using them. I just bought an STG (metric kit) gun they put together on an Imbel receiver. That gun sounds like one they built. The Thumbholes were made by Bell and Carlson if I recall correctly.

Again, a decent rifle if it works and especially if you are willing to 922r it. Worth $500-700 in my opinion, tending to the lower side- You're going to spend $150+/- to make it 922r compliant.
Top Top