Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2006 4:12:16 AM EDT
I'm converting my normal remington 870 into an HD gun, I added some Trijicon ghost ring night sights recently and now i'm looking for a new stock, the stock stock is good, but a little long for CQB/HD stuff IMO. I've been looking at the Knoxx SpecOps stock, the Knox PowerPak, and a Hogue Overmolded Foreend for it recently, and while it won't be cheap, I think I'd really like this setup. Anyone using it currently? Anyone using any part of it? What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If you do a search on here for Knoxx you will see a lot of positive feedback.  It is well worth the $$$ spent.  You get adjustable LOP and reduced felt recoil especially with slugs.

I have the SpecOps stock with the HandAll on my 590 and love it.  I liked it so much I got another one for my FN Tac Police.  It is probably one of the best additions to a pump shotgun that you can make IMHO.

Check the EE for some good deals on them.  Also, the guys from Knoxx post on here a lot good bunch of people.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
use the search function
there's probably 3 topics on that subject in the first 3 pages alone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
sounds great, I was thinking about doing the hogue handall thing as well. Man now i'm really looking forward to this setup.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a SpecOps on my 870.  I can shoot it all day with whatever loads without any problems.  It cut way down on the recoil.  Expensive, but worth it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont have any experience with the Specops stock but I assume it's advatages are for recoil and may length of pull?
Another  important consideration is the fact if you are using the peep sights the comb is probably going to be too low on any stock other than a monte carlo type stock.
If the SpecOps can accept some form of comb build-up such as moleskin, etc. then that may be good.
I assume since you have the ghost rings you are primarliy using the gun for slugs. If so, a good mount with decent comb height will make for better comfort and more accuracy when trying to aim a shotgun.
If that's the case, I would get an aftermarket montecarlo stock and put a Kick-eez pad on it.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Something just came to me, since the location of the safety was placed there for a non-pistol grip stock. How easy is it to turn on and off using the Knoxx SpecOps?
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 1:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I dont have any experience with the Specops stock but I assume it's advatages are for recoil and may length of pull?
Another  important consideration is the fact if you are using the peep sights the comb is probably going to be too low on any stock other than a monte carlo type stock.
If the SpecOps can accept some form of comb build-up such as moleskin, etc. then that may be good.
I assume since you have the ghost rings you are primarliy using the gun for slugs. If so, a good mount with decent comb height will make for better comfort and more accuracy when trying to aim a shotgun.
If that's the case, I would get an aftermarket montecarlo stock and put a Kick-eez pad on it.  

I like the adjustbale LOP, plus if you look at the Knoxx PowerPak I'm planning on getting it is adjustable for comb height.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
That's what you want then. If it comes with an adjustable comb then the other qualities have been well spoken of.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
nobody knows? how easy is it to get to the safety using this stock?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#11]
the safety is still easy to access

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]
You can reach the safety, but the pump release is a tough stretch for me when it's up on my shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have their spec ops and power pack on my 870. Works great. The safety issue is a non-issue. I did go ahead and add a wilson jumbo head safety to mine.i did remove the shell holder and cheek riser. it added too much weight to the power pack
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/gunlights.jpg

J

awesome pic, thanks. That is pretty much the same thing I'm going to do to mine, except I'm going to go with a hogue forend. Is that a Tac-Star mag extension and side saddle?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have their spec ops and power pack on my 870. Works great. The safety issue is a non-issue. I did go ahead and add a wilson jumbo head safety to mine.i did remove the shell holder and cheek riser. it added too much weight to the power pack
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/gunlights.jpg

J

awesome pic, thanks. That is pretty much the same thing I'm going to do to mine, except I'm going to go with a hogue forend. Is that a Tac-Star mag extension and side saddle?

Yes it is with a wilson sling mount behind the extension.

J

Awesome sounds just like what I'm aiming for minus the wilson stuff. How do you like the tac-star stuff? Ever experienced any kind of problems with the mag extension reliabilty wise? How tight does the side saddle hold the shells?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top