Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:51:50 AM EDT
The Knoxx Cop Stock? Lets hear how well it works? Do you like it? How is the length of pull? Is it comfortable?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:44:30 AM EDT
I'm a big fan of it. The recoil management system turns a sharp kick into more of a slow push without any problems at all. Fits great on my FN/1300, just be sure to tighten it down with a firm twist. The palm grip is also very comfortable and secure, especially with the Hogue slip-on cover.

There are only two things I wouldn't mind changing: 1) Have a shorter length of pull (just feels too long to be perfectly comfortable with me), however, I know this isn't possible due to part of the stock blocking the ejection port when folded. And 2) I'd like to be able to break down the weapon without having to remove the stock. However, I'm not sure if all pistol-grip style stocks are like this or not, so I won't make too much of a fuss about removing one screw.

http://www.imagecave.com/thumb.asp?u=17138&filename=FNAndAR-15ExtendedCompareCropResize.jpg
FN Herstal Police Shotgun VS. 16" AR-15

Picture compares the LOP to an AR-15 with the three-position stock fully extended. Note: I'm 5'-8" and 140 lbs., you may very well prefer a longer LOP than I.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:53:31 AM EDT
or get this from Knoxx
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:58:19 AM EDT
If I wasn't dead-set on a folder, I'd definately go for the SpecOps. Either way, judging from my experience, I'd have to say any Knoxx product will be well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:48:36 PM EDT
Does the specops stock reduce recoil like the compstock?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:46:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigkracka:
Does the specops stock reduce recoil like the compstock?

Sure Nuff, I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:30:10 AM EDT
Does the specops stock reduce recoil like the compstock? [/quote

The compstock suppoesedly reduces recoil in the 50-55% range. I have one and LOVE it. The specop
suppoesedly reduces it in the 80-85% range. I would love to try one but I dont know how my dept would like the "look" of it on a duty shotgun. The shotgun I am building right now will have my compstock on it. I have been using it for years. I put a blackhawk butstock ammo holder on it and no one has ever noticed. This new one will have that plus porting and barrel work. Hopefully it will be a sweet shooter. I just wonder if I combine a specop with the barrel work if it would be recoiless?? No that is just a dream........
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 5:40:15 AM EDT by Zoub]

Originally Posted By Lee0302:
The Knoxx Cop Stock? Lets hear how well it works? Do you like it? How is the length of pull? Is it comfortable?

I have had mine about 3 years. It is the only folder I ever wanted to own. I decided to take full advantage of the stock and build a gun around it. So I built a light weight 870, hoping that the stocks recoil reduction would offset the increase in felt recoil with a wire stock and light weight. I also had a second goal in mind.

I use it with a plain 18" barrel on an 870. Everyone who shoots it loves it. We have even shot some informal clays.

LOP is ok. I find the gun shoulders well for me. Folders are a compromise no matter how you look at it. For me having a light weight, compact gun that would be readily available was good. I already have an 870 with extended mag, side saddle, surefire and 20" barrel.

My second goal, which worked great is the gun is also my slug gun now. GREAT WITH SABOTS in my rifled barrel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:54:18 PM EDT
Is the LOP with the CopStock more or less than the factory top folding stock?

The factory stock has too much LOP for my purposes, even without a ballistic vest.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:43:25 AM EDT
+1 for Knoxx copstocks!

they decrease recoil a LOT

only folder i use

as to LOP is kinda short for me--sometimes i forget and put my head too close to the stock's forward hump and hit my mouth

stock extended adds about 10-11 in

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:33:32 AM EDT
Before you get too excited, you need to consider one other issue. Where does this place your face in relation to the sights? I have looked at the FN shotty with the simulated AR stock and the comb is too high to see the sights. In order to look through the ghost ring, I have to press my face down hard on the stock. This isn't a .223 where you want your nose to the charging handle and creeping up on the stock isn't advised. If you don't have ghost rings and are using a bead, you still have problems. The rear sight of a bead barrel is the stock. By raising the comb, you raise your point of impact pretty dramatically. That's how competitive shotgun shooters change POA... by changing the drop at the comb.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:41:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OKLA-LAWMAN:
Does the specops stock reduce recoil like the compstock? [/quote

The compstock suppoesedly reduces recoil in the 50-55% range. I have one and LOVE it. The specop
suppoesedly reduces it in the 80-85% range. I would love to try one but I dont know how my dept would like the "look" of it on a duty shotgun. The shotgun I am building right now will have my compstock on it. I have been using it for years. I put a blackhawk butstock ammo holder on it and no one has ever noticed. This new one will have that plus porting and barrel work. Hopefully it will be a sweet shooter. I just wonder if I combine a specop with the barrel work if it would be recoiless?? No that is just a dream........

I have my 870p with Vang Comp back boring and portin ON TOP of the knoxx compstock (soon to switch out to spec-ops for personal preferences) and I imagine it will be comparable to a .17hmr

Not really but it will be alot of fun to allow the wife and anyone else to get used to a 12guage..
Top Top