Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/6/2001 8:56:01 PM EDT
Is the SR-15 M4 worth the money?
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:37:50 PM EDT
Yes.

However, it kinda depends on how much you can get it for... Suggested retail is $1495, so it shouldn't be any more than that, NIB.

(It sounds high for an AR, but if you add up all the features it comes with: RAS, match trigger, chromed bolt and carrier, and 300m flip-up sight, it's actually not bad. If you were to subtract these features, you would have a $600-$700 postban M4. Fit and finish are outstanding... I am extremely happy with mine.)

havoc
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:41:31 PM EDT
I'll second havoc's yes. Reed Knight and Eugene Stoner designed these rifles, what more do you need to know? Although I didn't buy from this guy, I've got one of these:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=49928

and IMO it is well worth the money. It's built with a Krieger barrel and mine shot a 0.7 MOA out of the box. The finish is outstanding and the chrome plated bolt carrier makes it very easy to clean. The two stage match trigger and the RAS is nice too. According to Brian Fromang at Knights, only about 35 of these rifles were built and there are no plans to build any more in the future. A good fried of mine, who is a Vietnam Vet. and avid gun collector, laughed at me for paying so much for an AR15. As soon as I got it I brought it to him. He played with it for about half an hour and finally admited it was the nicest AR15 he had ever seen. He even agreed that it was worth the money. I read everything I could about Knight's and SR15/25's before I bought mine. I found a few negative comments about Knight's and the SR25, but nothing bad about the SR15. My experience with Knight's and my SR15 has been very good.

BTW, this web site:

www.knightsarmament.com

is not the official Knight's Armament web site.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:18:34 AM EDT
Very High quality AR. The trigger is one of the best that I've felt. Fit and finish are the best in the industry.

Down sides....300 meter sight sucks. get the 600 yard model, it is superb. The faux muzzle brake is stupid. Finally, dealing with Brian at KAC is a pain. He's a real jackass.

havoc hit the nail on the head. When you do the math you are getting arguably the best post ban AR15 made for around $600.00.

BTW I sold mine ! too pretty to shoot and drag thru the mud.
Good luck.
Paul
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:12:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pdm:
Finally, dealing with Brian at KAC is a pain. He's a real jackass.

Paul

I've hear this before, but this has not been my experience at all. I got my rifle on time and he was always very nice on the telephone.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:31:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sr15:
I've hear this before, but this has not been my experience at all. I got my rifle on time and he was always very nice on the telephone.

I'll have to agree with SR15. In fact I had to deal with Brian last week because of a slight goof up on Knight's part. I sent him two rifles over night on a Tuesday, and had them back in my hands that following Thursday. He even offered to pay for the shipping FROM me as well as to me.

As far as the rifle is concerned, I don't have an M4, but rather a 20" match w/RAS. Wonderful rifle. From a range of 50yds (longest I have available to me) I can keep almost all 20 shots from a mag within one of those little round red target stickers (about an inch in diameter?) I'm certain it's capable of much better shooting than that.

jas
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:39:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2001 10:34:15 AM EDT by thewizardofaz]
I pretty much echo what everyone else said. I have an M5, which is pretty much the same except for a longer, 20" barrel. I've scoped it with the ATN they had on the LEGP sale and it functions flawlessly. I did have a problem with it last week, the bolt catch refused to catch the bolt. I had it looked at and the gunsmith said since it was still on warranty he'd suggest sending back to KAC. I called Brian and he was very quick to say send it back, gave me an RMA and it's on the way.For what it's worth, there are only a limited number of these made from what's left of military runs. There were only 843 of the M5s made this year and I got 7xx of it. Too bad we can't have a section here on the site for Knights. I asked them if they'd be interested in moderating but they didn't reply to my e-mail. Guess that count's as a no.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:22:26 PM EDT
Thanks for all the great info guys. The price is steep, but if everything you guys say is true, I'm gonna take the jump on this one.

Does anyone have Brian's contact info at Knight Arm. (Phone #?)

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:53:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DSR-1:

Does anyone have Brian's contact info at Knight Arm. (Phone #?)

7750 9th Street S.W.
Vero Beach, Florida 32968

Phone: (561) 778-3700
Fax: (561) 569-2955
Top Top