Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2010 4:23:56 PM EDT
Does anyone here carry the leek? Just wondering what you think of it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
the Leek is the easiest carrying knife there is.  Very thin.  Carry it with the knife blade toward the back of your pocket so that it can't open accidentally.

100% BUY recommendation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine.  I used to worry about it opening accidentally and stabbing my junk, but after a year and a half it never crosses my mind.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of them, great knives.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one for myself and one for each of my groomsmen. I love it, goes with my everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Ill have to get one for me & my wife. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a tanto blur. It's a little big for everyday carry but is sharp as all get out. I think I'm going to pick up a leek this weekend. Is it assisted open too?  How much at Wally world?
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The G-10 Leek is my favorite, great grips and a beautiful knife.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't carried the Leek but I carry the Chive on a daily basis, I like it since its a little bit smaller and fits well in a pair of khaki's.
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like my Leek.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I paid $38.99 each for a red leek(mine) & blue leek(my wifes) at my local gun shop. My local walmart wanted $49 for a black leek.
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I like it, thin, fast and a blade that is useful for normal stuff, slicing cheese and opening letters.
Kershaw is AWESOME!
My leek had the safety break so I went by the factory and the receptionist took it inside to get it fixed and returned with a fixed knife, two extra safeties and the little tool used to tear down the knife so I could fix it myself.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I broke the safety on mine but I've never had it open on me (accidnentaly) and it's a little handier without the safety, so when they sent me a replacement I just threw it in the parts box.  Great knife that holds a good edge.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
The leek is a hell of a bargain. There are a few downsides to it though. The tip is very fine and prone to breaking, but that also means its great for any intricate cutting you may need. Also the bead blasting kershaw uses makes the steel handle and blade a little more prone to surface rusting.

That being said, it's a terrific knife. Kershaw uses nice steel that is easy to resharpen to a razor edge and they come that way out of the box. One of the best values in made in Americas knives there is.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top