Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/13/2002 5:39:26 PM EDT
Hello, does anyone have any experience with the Keltec Sub2000. They have a version that uses Glock 17 9mm magazines and a version that uses S&W 9mm magazines? It seems like a relatively inexpensive rifle. How reliable are they? Please advise. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:05:55 PM EDT
It's a cool looking gun, but on principle I will not purchase anything with an internal idiot lock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:25:04 PM EDT
I have one of the early ones without the "idiot lock".

I bought it with a Glock grip so that I could use my pre-existing Glock 9mm hi-caps. I also have some metal Glock 30 rd hicaps that I would never use in a real Glock but work just fine in this gun.

After the fact, I bought a Browning grip so that I could also use my 17 rd SA mags. Only two hex-head screws are required for the change.

Good briefcase gun for car trunk - inexpensive if stolen but lots of 9mm rds when I need it. Never any jams, mis-fires, etc. Very reliable.

Is this a SHTF gun? NO. Is it a good auxillary to a 9mm pistol, you bet.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:47:17 PM EDT
Here are great threads on one from another board: assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000485.html
and assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000566.html

I think it would be the perfect gun to stick in the trunk for any unexpected emergencies. It doesn't cost a lot, and it folds up very compactly. Sounds very reliable too!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:38:35 PM EDT
Damn. You reminded me that I have to get one. Maybe I can find $300 worth of quarters around here...
Top Top