Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 5:39:26 PM EDT
Hello, does anyone have any experience with the Keltec Sub2000. They have a version that uses Glock 17 9mm magazines and a version that uses S&W 9mm magazines? It seems like a relatively inexpensive rifle. How reliable are they? Please advise. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a cool looking gun, but on principle I will not purchase anything with an internal idiot lock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the early ones without the "idiot lock".

I bought it with a Glock grip so that I could use my pre-existing Glock 9mm hi-caps.  I also have some metal Glock 30 rd hicaps that I would never use in a real Glock but work just fine in this gun.

After the fact, I bought a Browning grip so that I could also use my 17 rd SA mags. Only  two hex-head screws are required for the change.

Good briefcase gun for car trunk - inexpensive if stolen but lots of 9mm rds when I need it. Never any jams, mis-fires, etc.  Very reliable.

Is this a SHTF gun?  NO.  Is it a good auxillary to a 9mm pistol, you bet.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are great threads on one from another board: assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000485.html
and assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000566.html

I think it would be the perfect gun to stick in the trunk for any unexpected emergencies.  It doesn't cost a lot, and it folds up very compactly.  Sounds very reliable too!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.  You reminded me that I have to get one.  Maybe I can find $300 worth of quarters around here...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top