Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/5/2002 5:07:14 AM EST
Saw the review in Law Enforcement guns (Guns for Law Enforcement? Whatever.. )

Who actually has one, how ya like it, how much and where did ya get it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:35:24 AM EST
I have the older version, the Sub-40 (40 SW cal; uses Glock mags). Any how, I like mine. Granted, I'm a lefty, so some of the blow back comes out of the ejection port (and right into face.) That's how come I'm using a brass catcher.

For big guys, it's a little small. I have a friend who tried it (big guy) and he had a hard time shouldering the weopon to get a correct sight picture. Possibly the butt extension would help.

At 25yds, I have it set to shoot about 1-2" high, depending on the ammo. I haven't had the chance to try it at longer ranges, ie 100yds-150yds. My 9mm AR seems to be okay at 200yds.....

I have the magazine w/ that artical you are refering too. I haven't read that report, but I was more interested in that sabot round for the CZ-??? pistol.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:53:27 AM EST
I have a Sub-9 as well.

Mine shoots POA at 25 yards with deadly accuracy.

I'm 5'10" and found the $12 butt extension well worth the money.

Can take Glock, Sig, Beretta, SW and other hi cap mags by merely swapping out the grip assembly.

Out to 50 yards, its a great shooter. Past that, and it's AR time!

Email if you're interested in buying one. I'm selling mine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:22:05 PM EST
I have a Sub-2000. The thing that sucks is the sights.

The front sight is windage and elevation adjustable. You really have to get the stock very high up on your cheek to get a good sight picture. KelTec is supposed to offer a scope mount that folds to the side when the rifle is folded. It shoots as well as can be expected with the bad sights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:45:39 PM EST
The "Sub2000" is a great little gun.

I had one in 9mm it shot great.

I am waiting for a 40 cal to come out. I have a bunch of high cap glock 22 mags, so that should make it pretty fun.

Here retail is about $290-$315 depending on where you buy it.

Definately worth the $$$.

Tom
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:22:20 PM EST
Really don't care for the reciprocating cocking handle (or did they fix that on the new model?). And the sights suck.

Other than that it seems like a very functional entry level pistol caliber carbine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:38:31 PM EST
If the front sight wasn't so tall an AK sight could be used as a substitute. It looks like the barrel diameters are the same.
Top Top