Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2018 7:08:31 AM EDT
Just curious what everyone is using on their RDB? I am considering a 1-6x or 1-8x scope, but thinking I really don't need anything more than a red dot. My only concern with the red dot is the mount height. Does anyone know if a standard AR red dot mount (like on the SPARC AR) will position the red dot high enough that you can't get a proper cheek weld? Or would a red dot that comes with a low mount work better?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard AR height will work, unless you have very fat cheeks
Some here are liking the 1x prisms, like PA's new Cyclops.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the primary arms cqb 2.5 scope. Great sight and got it on sale for 160 i think. Brother used it and ordered a 3.5 scope for one of his rifles. Not my first primary arms scope either good stuff at a good price
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The RDB works with any "AR height" mount. I had a 1-4X on there and decided I didn't like it because it made the rifle feel top heavy, even with a loaded mag.

I replaced it with a PA red dot that a friend gave me and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input. I looked into a lot of options but really just prefer a simple red dot. So a Sig Romeo 5 is on the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top