Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:03:36 PM EDT
Can the KX3 match up to the threads of a Vector Arms V 53 or 51?  Does anybody know what the thread is for Vectors?

Looks like this would help on the pistols or SBR's blast.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/cart2/display.cgi?cat1=19&cat2=23
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Per Vector's website "Barrel has standard HK threads" which is M15x1 RH.  Noveske does offer that thread on a special order basis.

But hell..  the muzzle flash/blast is 1/2 the fun!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my V53 SBR and it make one HELL of a difference.  Don't have a pic right now since it is at Vector for a quick repair.

I also have two on my SBR AR's and have one when I build up my FAL pistol.

I bought mine from PKF Firearms and he had a few left for anyone interested.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering if you think it would help out on a Vector V51 .308 SBR, Do they even make'em for .308 HK threads??
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course it would help.  Its job is to redirect muzzle blast and sound forward so you and your friend have an enjoyable range visit.  I believe the flash hider has a diameter for the 7.62 round and then they build an adapter to make it work on other thread types.  My guess is the HK thread pattern flash hider will work on all .223 and .308 rifles with 15x1 LH threads.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I will have to put one of those on the build list.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like to use one also on my V51 pistol, if I ever find someone with the V51P  in stock.  I am tired of these dealers advertising guns, but never having them in stock.....

Does this thing act like a muzzle break as well as redirecting the flash?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
No it doesn't act as muzzle break.  Its main job is to hide flash from the shooter and redirect blast and sound forward of the shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top