Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 2:00:44 PM EDT

www.ops-se.com/Videos/Negligence.mpg

If I was the arresting officer, I'd be kicking the shit out of her as soon as I got the suspect in the car.  HOLY CRAP!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh my
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Without going back and looking at the video, I could have sworn it was a Beretta.  That's what shocked me the most...if it was indeed a Beretta, how did it get to a single action state?  Either that, or she was extremely stressed out and needs to be relieved of duty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Red-Leg, I'm pretty sure it was a Beretta in single action mode.  Even so, a 92FS in single action isn't exactly like a 2lb. 1911 "race gun" trigger now is it?  Sheesh...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
This was posted over on assaultweb a while back. We viewed it a bunch of times. It appears to be a Beretta 92FS and I think that the hammer was cocked. If you look closely it appears that the hammer was cocked.

This is a common thing. If I had a dollar for every cop and military guy I saw cock the hammer on their weapon when it comes out of the holster. This is just poor form. It also invites problems. Even some of the veteran police instructors I have known have done this.

Even so, there is no excuse for this clip. Had the officer just kept her finger off the trigger and kept the muzzle pointing in the right direction.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#7]
This is about 4 or 5 years old. It made our local news. Wonder what happened to the LEO...?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Did the guy get hit?  Or did the bullet hit the pavement beside him?  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Pavement.  I bet he got an earful of rocks though, fortunately he won't be able to hear well enough to get the doctors opinion.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, definitely pavement.  I'm also curious about the black officer's kneee.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap, this is like the 3-billionth time somebody posted this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
^^ Yup.

BTW this is why alot of police departments are starting to go DAO.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]
lol...
what a stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope if she's back on the street she at least has a 75# trigger.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Holy crap, this is like the 3-billionth time somebody posted this.

I hereby beg your pardon.  This is MY first time observing that Idiot shoot her handgun without clear need to do so.
I hope Dum-Dum (the guy being handcuffed) was let off easy because of her.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Do they have partners at that dept.?  If they do, I bet there aren't any volunteers to ride along with her.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wow.  Any guesses as to what make of pistol that was?

Beretta...that took skill to achieve.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
lol...
what a stupid bitch.

no kidding, if I was the officer cuffing the bad guy I'd be seriously PISSED OFF!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, does that count as being shot at? So could I, as the arresting officer, have pulled my pistol on her? I would have definately cuffed HER.

Was the pistol even necessary in the first place? Why not just mace the guy, or pull the baton on him and crack him in the face? Jeez, never heard of non-lethal methods, have they?

Doggonit.out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I hope if she's back on the street she at least has a 75# trigger.  

You mean a Police Positive...a 1902 Colt Police Positive with a stuck ejector.  I have the misfortune of working in a gun store part time, and I have to say that the police officers are by far the most negligent and have the worst attitude toward firearms regulation.  Not all of them, but several from one certain department.  Actually, just about all of them that come in know nothing.  The one exception is a kid that came out of the Marine Corps.  I don't understand this.  Even if you condider your gun to be only a tool, wouldn't it be wise to know how your equipment works?  I certaintly knew how my equipment worked when I was a mechanic.
 Anyway,  one moron from the Downs Syndrome dept was in with his buddy in plain clothes.  Being a jackass, he had to announce what he did for a living and where he did it.  His buddy was kneeling down looking at some scopes in the display when the jackass asked to see a Sig 229.  As soon as the gun was in his hands he turned to his buddy, who's back was facing him, bent down, jammed the gun into his friend's/partner's ribs and announce "Give me your wallet!"  And yes there were other customers in the store.  How's that for PR?  Another wonder boy from that dept informed my boss that he didn't need to fill out paper work for his handgun because he is a cop.  Yet another has decided to carry his S&W Chief's Special .45ACP cocked.  He actually pulled it out and laid it on the counter loaded, round in chamber, hammer at full cock.  

It has nothing to do with the fact that they are cops.  It has to do with the fact that they are complete fucking morons that HAVE to carry guns.

Retarded civilians have a choice, in most places, whether or not they carry a gun, but reatarded cops everywhere have to carry guns.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#21]
so true
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn...  Any more videos??
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I like when she tried to hide it in the holster after the deed was done.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish I didnt live where that happened. D:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top