Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 3:07:46 AM EDT
I am planning on picking up one from my local shop, I can recall fingering it at the shop but I dont recall what type of condition it was in.

When I picked it up I was uninterested in it mainly because I was unfamiliar with the straight bolt and thought it was a weird design.

But after reading another members post about his K31, I became interested and after actually reading up on the K31 and its design, I see I was ASSuming it was a corny weapon when in all actuality it was not.

It also helps that the surplus ammo for it is fairly cheap and non corrosive. I am hoping this shop is not asking too much for it, but most of their C&R rifles are pretty marked up in price.

They are selling their Turkish Mausers for $150 and the carbine Turk mausers models for $189 so I just figure I am not going to get a very good deal.

I only paid $99 bucks plus tax for my Turk Mauser at another local shop, but I think they were trying to get rid of it, that was likely why it was priced the way it was. The bore on it was bright and shiny and still is!

Anyway, do you guys know how much I should expect to pay or what is a fair price. I know the local shop has to make a profit to stay afloat, this is why I try to buy from the local shops in my area when I reasonably can.

But I dont want to be overcharged to much! Please help me out guys. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]
K31s are 109-149$ from dealers, so I wouldnt pay much more than that if I was a non C&R holder.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I was not planning on paying more than $150. If they say $169 maybe if its nice I will go for it but really.... I cant afford much more than that right now! Thanks for your response.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid $123. with shipping from AIM 6 months ago.  That was for a walnut stocked example that's in GREAT shape!  All numbers match, and at least 90% of the metal finish remains.

Even though I have a C & R license and am able to buy them through the mail, if I saw a really clean rifle for $175. in a shop...I'd be tempted to buy it.  These guns are beautiful, the supply is limited, and the prices are only going in one direction.  If you're serious about getting one, I wouldn't wait too much longer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By TC6969

That being said I would top out at about $125 to $150 unless it was REALLY nice and needed no restoration.

In my opinion seeing/holding what I'm getting AND walking right out the door with it versus buying a pig in a poke and waiting a week for it is worth paying $30-$40 more.

+1

$150 tops for near 100% blueing, shiny bore, and good mechanical condition - + the mag numbered to match the receiver, and average condition wood. (there are repro mags starting to float around out there)

But if the wood is in really great shape, i.e. the butts not chewed up, no major dents, or cracks, has a nice grain - and is walnut vs beech - it'd be worth the extra $30-$50 out the door (dros, tax, etc).

But only you can judge the asthetics when you see it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for replying. So those are the things I need to check for, matching serial numbers, good wood stocks, shiny bore, good mechanical condition.

I was basicly going to just check the bore for shinyness, thanks for the input! Now i have a better idea of what to look for.

I sent the shop an email asking about the price, I dont think I will be able to pick it up this week, I have to take the daughter school shopping so my extra money will likely go to that.

Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top