Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 8:14:16 PM EDT by NeoWeird]
Been over three weeks since payment cleared the bank. Got my Records book from Brownells on the way. Got my membership to the CRPA (state gun group that is CMP approved). Now it's just time for everything to fall into place.

I can't sleep because I keep daydreaming of what I want to get right away. Any form of entertainment is mediocre because I'm so anxious. I lose track of time scouring the net for deals and rare gems. I'm like a kid in a present store on Christmas. Then it hit me...

...I am going to need at least two gun cabinets/safes to hold the first years worth of rifles from my C&R alone. That means ~5-10 guns that will get put on hold so I can buy the cabinets/safes. Not to mention I have to keep saving for a wedding ring, so buying power is down to 50%.

So of course I will put at least my first purchase on credit card just to enjoy my new freedom. Of course, after that, it will be a climb out of debt which will not be easy since I am buying new C&Rs as fast as I can. Then of course I must get ammo, which is best bought in bulk. This will lead to me buying more reloading supplies. By the end of next year only guns will bring me joy as my paychecks get ripped to pieces by the interest hungry collections agencies, and what scraps are left get fought over by milsurp suppliers. I will degrade to the point where I will need a second job just to support myself, since my primary job will go to supporting my gun habit. I, of course, will settle for any job available to make a dollar to get more and I will say "thank you, may I have some more" each time as the 'man' uses me to make a huge profit.

It's an ancient evil. An evil with no name. An evil that must not be named. We must rise up and fight this beast head on. It may have fooled our ancestors, but it will not fool me. FREEDOM!

*keeps his squinted leery eyes on the C&R*
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:54:05 PM EDT
Welcome to the world of a C&R license holder
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:30:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pthfndr:
Welcome to the world of a C&R license holder

+1. It's a very fast ride to bankruptcy if you're not careful. You'll be evaluating everything in terms of another milsurp purchase. Eating Ramon noodles will cut your grocery bill to buy more. Saving 25 a week will allow you to buy another rifle a month (depending on sales or rifle). A carton of smokes would have bought another tin of 8mm or 7.62x54R.

Beware the rush of seeing the big brown truck. It's more addictive than crack and a harder habit to kick.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:53:55 PM EDT
My problem is finding C&R firearms that appeal to me: tactical and durable. Lots of bolt-action wooden stuff, not many external magazine fed semi-auto with steel only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:54:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
My problem is finding C&R firearms that appeal to me: tactical and durable. Lots of bolt-action wooden stuff, not many external magazine fed semi-auto with steel only.

Are you kidding? There are few things as beautiful as a finely made bolt action rifle. The mesh of hand formed and treated wood with precision metalworking that smooth and perfectly mated on a level unparalled in semi-automatics. Honestly, I think I want the C&R for the bolt actions more than the semi-autos.....though I could never turn my back on the Garand.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:02:05 PM EDT
That reminds me; I need to order some more guns . . .
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:25:37 PM EDT
my 0% intrest credit cards came in handy. i currently have a $1200 + balance on one of them and its 0% intrest untill november '06
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:57:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:42:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:

I used to think the same way until I got my first K98, then my first M38, then my first K31, etc. The history behind some of these guns is mind-boggling, not to mention that 47 yr old K98 will shoot a 1" group at 100 yrds with open sights. Not sure my AR will be able to do that in 50 yrs. Another way I started looking at it was for the price I paid for my AR and all the acc I can get about 20 C & R guns!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:09:18 PM EDT
Ok wait a cotton picking minute

You said you sent your payment in 3 weeks ago....right?
You didn't get your license already ...did you?

I sent mine in back around mid July and I still haven't gotten my license yet
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:20:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zeekh:
Ok wait a cotton picking minute

You said you sent your payment in 3 weeks ago....right?
You didn't get your license already ...did you?

I sent mine in back around mid July and I still haven't gotten my license yet

you need to send them an email to see whats up
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:23:55 PM EDT
they cashed my check RIGHT AWAY also but when 3 months passed and i didnt get anything i sent an email and was told it would be shipped out tomorrow.......
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:28:38 PM EDT
I have called them a couple of times. It floating around the ATF offices somewhere. Last time I checked the said they were faxing my app to the NY office in Brooklyne. I suppose that might mean its getting close. When I first sent it in I was real anxious to get it so I could start spending. Sure does take the edge off when you wait this long
Top Top