Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 1:24:46 AM EDT
I went to Scottsdale, Arizona to visit my grandmother for the holdays and I decided that it might be a good idea to put some holes in paper REALLY QUICKLY. My dad and i ventured over to the Arizona gun club and rented an MP5 with 10 30rd mags (the cheapskates only filled them with 25rnds). The rental was $55 and each mag was $10, a giant ripoff for ammo but hey, where the hell else was i gonna get to blow shit up in full auto?!?! The range supervisor who came out to "help" us ran us through the operation of the tool and then wanted to load every mag for us. After i politely asked him to let me load and cock the bolt for myself he let me do it but immediatly got back into his routine of doing it for me for the next mag. Im sure he is used to having plenty of know nothing douchebags who want to shoot F/A come through so i can understand. Long story short, me and my dad wnt through 250 rounds in under 10 minutes. Best $160 I ever spent. BTW if you are ever in the Pheonix/ Scottsdale area, the Scottsdale gun club rents a bunch of machineguns, including a humvee that you can rent with a 50bmg machinegun mounted on it for $1000... I must save more dilegently.
-jls7
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
MP5s are a lot of fun
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Mp5's are fun, but wait until you try a 51. Full auto from a short barrell in 308 is pretty cool. The recoil is surprisingly pleasant and the fireball is unreal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Never been to the new place myself!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went to Scottsdale, Arizona to visit my grandmother for the holdays and I decided that it might be a good idea to put some holes in paper REALLY QUICKLY. My dad and i ventured over to the Arizona gun club and rented an MP5 with 10 30rd mags (the cheapskates only filled them with 25rnds). The rental was $55 and each mag was $10, a giant ripoff for ammo but hey, where the hell else was i gonna get to blow shit up in full auto?!?! The range supervisor who came out to "help" us ran us through the operation of the tool and then wanted to load every mag for us. After i politely asked him to let me load and cock the bolt for myself he let me do it but immediatly got back into his routine of doing it for me for the next mag. Im sure he is used to having plenty of know nothing douchebags who want to shoot F/A come through so i can understand. Long story short, me and my dad wnt through 250 rounds in under 10 minutes. Best $160 I ever spent. BTW if you are ever in the Pheonix/ Scottsdale area, the Scottsdale gun club rents a bunch of machineguns, including a humvee that you can rent with a 50bmg machinegun mounted on it for $1000... I must save more dilegently.
-jls7

Sounds fun - there is a similar place just outside San Antonio, Texas.  I think they charge less for the rental and more for the ammo.  The only thing I can think of is that they have to pay for the wear and tear on the guns with the high ammo prices.  Of course I think most people are just happy to get the chance to shoot full-auto and the extra expense is a lot better than buy your own gun!

Spooky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top