Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT by Paints-n-cows]
I just sent in my paperwork for CMP and want to get things in order for when that rifle arrives. I asked for a Field Grade USGI. Hopefully it will be soon in arriving.

I already reload for .223 but there seems to be a less expensive way to get some reloadable brass but I want to make sure that it would be ok.

Natchez Shooters has advertised 376 rounds of .30-06 with blocs etc. for $79 and change. One ad says that is slightly corrosive and another says non-corrosive. Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Is it worth getting just to keep around for the blocs?

Or does anyone have a good suggestion for some ammo to keep around for when SHTF? I see that J&G Sales has some the same way but doesn't say who makes it advertised for $84.96 for 480 rounds. Anybody have any experience with that stuff either?

Any suggestions about anything with this rifle would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:19:50 PM EDT
Ammo from the CMP is good stuff. Personally, I stay away from the corrosive stuff. Just my opinion. Some people shoot it and clean and are ok with that.

www.gibrass.com has some decent ammo as well if you don't want to spend the cash for a case from CMP.

I'm sure someone else will be along with additional info soon...

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:46:25 AM EDT
Good to go. Now post pics when your rifles arrive. You got yourself a good rifle coming in.

Max
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:54:46 AM EDT
Get the greek or USGI M2 ball from CMP. Not worth the hassle to shoot the corrosive ammo.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:21:37 AM EDT
+1 on CMP ammo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:22:16 AM EDT
Shooting corrosive ammo isn't as bad as people think. If you take you time and clean your rifle right anyways shooting corrosive or non corrosive doesn't matter. I shoot corrosive thru my M1s all the time and I don't have any problems about it's cleanup. Just remember when these rifles were first put in the fields they were shooting corrosive ammo. It isn't a big deal or a hassle to clean up afterwards. If it was I wouldn't shoot corrosive ammo at all. Plus I use USGI rifle bore cleaner from 1943 which helps get the corrosive salts out of the barrel, and I clean my rifle like I was taught. Thanks Arvin
Top Top