Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:23:41 PM EDT
And I'm glad to be a part of the bullpup club now.

The rifle feels just right in my hands...I cannot wait to get it out to the range and do some shooting with it. All in all, I don't think I'll regret picking an E4 over and A3...I was very, very close to picking up an A3(especially when Scottsdale Gun Club was selling them for $1770) but the proprietary mag thing really turned me off. I have multitudes of AR mags already so it's nice being able to use them. The $200 rebate at Ratworx put me over the edge..I found myself ordering one the night I found out about the sale.

That being said...my initial impressions are good. The all-black look is bad-ass...the forward grip seems a little wobbly but not too bad. The trigger is, well, ehh. I have three Geiselle SSAs(and a KAC two-stage) amongst my AR collection so I guess I'm a bit spoiled. I've got hope that the E4 trigger will clean up a little with use. All of that being said...I have a couple of questions for the bullpup crowd.

Is it a no-no to dry-fire a MSAR/AUG clone? I'm sorry if this is covered by the owner's manual..I haven't made it that far yet. Also, what kind of optics setup seems to work the best for the E4 rail?

I have an Aimpoint CompM3/Larue cantilever setup one of my Noveskes and it is, by far, my favorite optic setup. Is anyone else running this setup on their AUG/MSAR? What are your impressions?

Any input is appreciated as I try to figure out what optic setup I want to run on my new toy. Thanks!!

Update:
BTW, this rifle has all of the updates (at least it appears to)..while doing my initial inspection when picking it up from my FFL I noticed the S/S mag catch. Also, the extractor(when viewed through the ejection port) seems to be of the "new style" variety. Needless to say, that made me happy. I had to drop the rifle off at my home as I'm staying with my G/F for the next couple of days. I'm going to tear the rifle apart, read the owner's manual, and clean/lube when I get home. I can't wait!!

-D2V
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics damnit!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the brotherhood.

What kind of optic set up do plan on using?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on your new purchase. I too own an E4 and think it is pretty sweet.  I am glad to hear that it had all the latest updates installed and ready to go. I originally got mine with the integrated optic and it was a letdown. I currently just received a red dot on loan from a fellow ar15.com member (Thanks again Mildew!) and am looking forward to trying it out.  I really am not the best person to ask about the optics, but I am sure many of the guys here will chime in on some recommendations or perhaps their experience with the aimpoint you currently have. You can also search on in the forum here as it has been discussed many times previously.

Yeah the triggers leave a little to be desired, but they aren't too bad. Obviously no NM 2 stage, but better than most and as good as some standard AR triggers. There is a thread here just recently refreshed with some homemade tips to improving the trigger pull. There is also a fellow ar15.com member named Dr. Coffee ( got it right this time-yeah! ) who offers a device called the "Neu-trigger" which allows one to do a simple modification to their trigger pack (which is completely reversible if need to sell, etc.) that improves the trigger pull significantly. Be sure to check it out.

As far as dry-firing, the E4 is completely safe to dry fire to your heart's content.  I don't know about the Aug's though.

Lastly, As Tomac here would say "Don't forget to give us a full range report with pics!"

Welcome to the Brotherhood!
Later,
Mav
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got my E4 a couple weeks ago and it had all the updates on it already. It has given me zero malfunctions so far and shoots very smooth. As for the trigger, it wasn't bad IMO , but I am a trigger snob as well and just installed a NEU-Trigger and I'm very happy. Best $25 I've spent on a gun in a long time. I also just got the Raptor charging handle which is a must if your running optics. I'm running a Aimpoint T-1 as it feels like it's made for this gun. I also have a ACOG TA31H that I tried but like the T-1 better. Neddless to say, my 2 AR15's that have served me well for years are getting no love since buying the E4.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good. Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm running a Aimpoint ML3 on a non-cantilever Larue Mount and really like how it works.

Mounted it back far enough to not interfere with the charge handle for the time being, but will be moving it forward when my Raptor charge handle gets here in the next day or two.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats, I'm trigger picky too but my E4 trigger doesn't bother me at all since it's not a match gun and shoots just fine. I wouldn't go butchering the trigger unless you have some back up parts. Though all AR mags work fine, I like the P-mags for the MSAR best. Also mine has been perfect right out of the box but I did have the mag catch upgrade.

Was there a extractor upgrade for E-4's?

The M2 and M3 Aimpoints are perfect for the E-4 as well as the mini Acogs. Here's mine with all three.

M2.

M3.

Acog.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine with the ACOG TA31H. I still prefer a red dot for this type of gun though... I like small, fast & simple.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Ratworx just got in new shipments of E4s so they should all have the upgrades.

You can dryfire the E4. No problems.

I'll let aimpoint guys sound off about the aimpoint mounts they're running. I'm running an EOTech XPS2-0.

If you're thinking of messing with the trigger maybe check out the Neu-Trigger. I have a custom mod to my trigger that is awesome so I didn't have the need to buy one, but the folks who have here so far have given some good reports and feedback on it.

My VFG had some play as wel when I bought my STG556. If it bugs ya (kind of bugged me) you can remedy it with either a 2020 grip rail and slap on your own aftermarket VFG or do what I did and go all out with an Inventure Concepts Tri-Rail and slap on your own VFG. I'm using the Magpul RVG on my Inventure Concepts rail and it feel nice and tight also the Tri-rail gives me the ability to use a thumb break grip rather than a typical grip.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats and welcome to the Bullpup clan.

I have the EoTech XPS and I'm really happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for such a warm welcome.

I still haven't had a chance to fire it yet(probably won't for a couple of weeks...but that's okay. It's still "blind" at this point. I am currently shopping the EE for an Aimpoint...but I'll probably end up buying new anyways. I did have a chance to finger-bang it for a little while yesterday and I can tell that dry-firing it 50 times or so has already cleaned up the trigger quite a bit. It feels much more like a standard AR trigger(with a little more travel)..I can live with that. I didn't buy it for precision...more for a compact gun that I can run n' gun with at the local competitions. And let's just face it...the look/feel of a bullpup is just badass anyways.

The one and only thing I may change on my little rifle is possibly the FH. I just can't get into the whole tulip look...I'd sure like to slap a Vortex on it...we'll see, though!

-D2V
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow-is this another bullpup pic thread starting?

J/K-nice looking rifles guys.

Yeah I am not crazy about the tulip FH as well. I have considered replacing it, but not sure what with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top