Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/21/2003 6:06:48 AM EDT
After cruising the gun shows for a .50 and seeing only high priced toys I had my favorite dealer order me a left handed AR-50 with long range rail for $2400 out the door:) I just have to wait until the end of June, armalite only builds lefty's in batches, and I'm #18 of 38 being built in their next run.  By then I can have my MK4 Leupold and Max50 rings ready. Hopefully ammoman will have his Talon back in stock.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine isn't wrong handed, but I love it.  I can shoot all day long, and it I can't feel recoil like I can with my .300 WinMag.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's my AR50L. Leupold Mark IV M1-16x40 & Mark IV Rings.

Leupold Torque wrench  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
When disassembling your bolt, it has reverse threads (Voice of Experience), also the Bagmaster case that is offered by Armalite is not designed for a AR50L. The straps are set-up for a regular AR50.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to break it to you gently....when Armalite says June they really mean sometime AFTER June. Seems every time I've order from them it has bee weeks to months before I got it. Even T-shirts were back ordered and I had to wait nearly a month.

I'm not saying it won't be worth the wait. The AR50 is an awesome rifle and I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I figured it would take a while, the last firearm I special ordered was a Benelli legacy. That thing took 10 month to get here from Italy.

I'm excited to get it but I mainly bought it in fear that they may ban them and I want mine in my hands when that time comes, not like everyone else rushing around trying to find one.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top