Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 10:31:29 AM EDT
I had just recently got a sar-8(not the alluminum reciever version),not got a chance to take it to the range yet.I can post pics but be later on tonight. More I think about it i want a msg90 or similar setup but not sure how far money wise I want to go,like the sr9T too. I thought of getting another and it be a a3 stock g3 setup. Right now thinking just put a cheekpiece on it and get a a3 stock for it so i can go both ways with this one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Top knotch is supposed to be making a MSG-90 clone stocks, so that may help a bit on the price for the conversion.

Forget the SR8T config since this uses the non-bipod forearm hand guard (bipod added forward weight and a stable sand bag grip), but if your barrel is threaded, have someone make you a harmonic balancer to replace the FS.

Now on the scope mount, a lot of people have been having good luck using the FAC mount, so there too, you can save a few bucks.

Lastly, have the trigger worked over.  Out of the box, the creep and the pull weight are less than ideal (forget about finding a Set trigger or PSG-1 pack, the prices are way too high).

And forget about the A3 stock, it lacks a check weld point, and just makes the rifle look front end long.

Happy shooting!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top