Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/25/2005 9:31:29 AM EST
I had just recently got a sar-8(not the alluminum reciever version),not got a chance to take it to the range yet.I can post pics but be later on tonight. More I think about it i want a msg90 or similar setup but not sure how far money wise I want to go,like the sr9T too. I thought of getting another and it be a a3 stock g3 setup. Right now thinking just put a cheekpiece on it and get a a3 stock for it so i can go both ways with this one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:14:48 AM EST
Top knotch is supposed to be making a MSG-90 clone stocks, so that may help a bit on the price for the conversion.

Forget the SR8T config since this uses the non-bipod forearm hand guard (bipod added forward weight and a stable sand bag grip), but if your barrel is threaded, have someone make you a harmonic balancer to replace the FS.

Now on the scope mount, a lot of people have been having good luck using the FAC mount, so there too, you can save a few bucks.

Lastly, have the trigger worked over. Out of the box, the creep and the pull weight are less than ideal (forget about finding a Set trigger or PSG-1 pack, the prices are way too high).

And forget about the A3 stock, it lacks a check weld point, and just makes the rifle look front end long.

Happy shooting!!!!
Top Top