Posted: 3/4/2002 12:58:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Did it come with grey handguards also?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just wondering if it looked wierd with a grey buttstock and black handguards?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, I just posted these pics in the equipment exchange yesterday.

Mine was grey but I read somewhere that you should rub gun oil on it.  Its much better now but not the shiny black like the RRA handgaurds on my LEGP.

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Ray, can you put a tape measure to that baby for me? Call me, we are having a special on salmon. Sea bass are not running this week but I have a VERY nice alternative.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I 2nd the motion for a measuring.. whats the OAL with a 16"bbl?

OOPs. looks like I was replyin' at the same time... thanks!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was just wondering if it looked wierd with a grey buttstock and black handguards?

hg, the grey is the same grey as my Bushy A2 buttstock.  Seriously it looks like you too a 20 inch AR washed it in hot water and threw it in the dryer, almost "toyish,"  but talk about quick target aquisition?  It smokes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I wrenched a green LE entry stock onto my lower the other week.  I took it out of Friday, and man does it shoot.  It's a little short for serious work, but it tucks into my shoulder pocket neat, fast and easy.  Just what I need for my tag along outdoor rifle.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dude, Vinnie...I owe you a new spanner wrench. That freakin thing is stripped! I guess, I'll work on getting the fake telestock off tomorrow, I'm too stressed out right now about it!

How in the world did you manage that?  I've taken off and put on my Telestyled stocks (I have 3.  Almost time for an Online Garage Sale) too many times then I care to think about.  I just worked on one of my rifles this weekend with a strap wrench.  I'll take care of it for you tommorrow.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Wave,
 Just as soon as you put your RAS on, give us
an update.  I'm considering one but concerned
about the weight differance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I hate how it does NOT fit flush onto the lower reciever.  I can't believe someone does NOT know how to measure.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you have to have a pre-ban to mount this buttstock?  I think the ban disallowed folding or telescoping stocks, but not itty-bitty ones like this?  Do you run into problems with the overall length for the rifle?  I'm thinking this would be the perfect stock for my 5 year old to fire the AR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Rob,

I think that the appeal of the entry stock is that it is similar in length to a collapsed telestock yet is legal for post ban rifles.  As far as I know there are no legal issues involving this stock.  

Along these lines, a topic that comes up quite frequently on the board is the legality of pinning a telestock in the collapsed position.  The idea is as long as it is fixed......  But I have yet to see a definitive, confident answer to this question.  I decided to play it safe and go with the entry stock.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hate how it does NOT fit flush onto the lower reciever.  I can't believe someone does NOT know how to measure.

Thanks alot ttman.  I didn't even notice that until you brought it up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Do you have to have a pre-ban to mount this buttstock?  I think the ban disallowed folding or telescoping stocks, but not itty-bitty ones like this?  Do you run into problems with the overall length for the rifle?  I'm thinking this would be the perfect stock for my 5 year old to fire the AR.

The shortest upper I have (16 inch, no brake) makes the OAL of the rifle(carbine) 31 inches, which is well over the 26" minimum length needed.  The OAL of the upper I usually use with the lower is 32 inches (BM AK Shorty upper).

It's still kinda heavy for a 5 year old, maybe bench shooting with a tripod.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I also noticed the fit of the unit is NOT as tight as a regular A2 stock, it "rocks" a little.

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I also noticed the fit of the unit is NOT as tight as a regular A2 stock, it "rocks" a little.

Mine's Rock solid.

I added a 1" DPMS extender and it's Perfect for my shooting style.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Mine's Rock solid.

I added a 1" DPMS extender and it's Perfect for my shooting style.

Now this sounds like a plan.. any pictures before I go an order one??  
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#21]
71, here you go...try CMMG for the extender. I believe that he carries DPMS and his prices/service are top notch. Brownells also carries them (better if you get dealer pricing from them)

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#22]
PDM, is that the one with the sling swivel on the other side?  I saw one, lost the link.  I think I'm going to try that one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:23:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Vinnie, I just loosened the bottom screw and rotated the swivel to the left. Worked out fine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Just install mine yesterday onto a Bushmaster lower and notice the same, however a little elbow grease on the screwdriver and it snugged up just fine.

As to the color of the stock, a good once over with a patch soaked in CLP (Break-Free) and the stock came out a perfect black to match the both the lower and the ARMS #45 S.I.R./ARMS #40 rear sight and Bushmaster 11.5" w/ 5.5" MB(ala XM-177E2 style) upper.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Vinnie, I just loosened the bottom screw and rotated the swivel to the left. Worked out fine.

LOL no I meant the inch spacer.  I saw one with a swivel on the side to make a single point sling attatchment. But while you bring it up, Did it actually loosen?  I can't get that screw off to save my life.  I'm trying to see if there's space for a compartment.  I was going to use the back plate of my A2 stock to add a trap door if there is room inside the stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I just got a Rock River Complete lower, Last week W/Green full length stock.

It came with a coating, of a kind of grey powdery stuff on the stock.

I just rubbed it down with CLP and the powdery finish came right off and all was right with the world.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#27]
cool!  thanks PDM  
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#28]

LOL no I meant the inch spacer. I saw one with a swivel on the side to make a single point sling attatchment. But while you bring it up, Did it actually loosen? I can't get that screw off to save my life. I'm trying to see if there's space for a compartment. I was going to use the back plate of my A2 stock to add a trap door if there is room inside the stock.

71, no worries.

Vinnie, No I didn't loosen the screw. The swivel was loose enough to rotate to the left. I just tried to loosen the screw and no cigar. I have bigger drivers in the workshop and will give it a whack tommorow.

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I got mine from Pete-in-NH and it is excellent. I installed mine on my LEGP and it kicks ass. Nose to charging handle and snug as a bug! I am going to order another one for my Bushy!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Does the RRA entry stock use a A1 or A2 stock screw? Does the provided screw have the correct drain hole?

How does the DPMS 1" spacer work? It appears it goes between the buffer tube and the stock, would you then need a 1" longer stock screw?

The reason i ask is if the stock screw isnt exactly the right lenght the buffer will slam into the screw every time you shoot the rifle, ruining the buffer and possibly causing short stroking.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Does the RRA entry stock use a A1 or A2 stock screw? Does the provided screw have the correct drain hole?

How does the DPMS 1" spacer work? It appears it goes between the buffer tube and the stock, would you then need a 1" longer stock screw?

The reason i ask is if the stock screw isnt exactly the right lenght the buffer will slam into the screw every time you shoot the rifle, ruining the buffer and possibly causing short stroking.

My screw is solid, without drain hole. The DPMS extender does require a longer screw, which is included. It was about .5" too long. Measured it and used a Dremel cut off wheel to make the adjustment. No problems.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#33]
The stock screw I have DOES has a drainage hole.  I don't have an A1 buttstock so I couldn't tell you if it's similar to that one, BUT I can tell you it's shorter than the A2 screw that I do have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top