Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:53:16 PM EDT
 OMG... Do I hate cosmo. Its gonna be at least 6 months days minutes before I even think about getting the next C&R rifle. Never had this much problems getting the SKS cleaned when it arrived. This one took me a few days. After stirpping the finish, I justify anything other than a few coats of BLO. I think it came out ok.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great, but, believe me, you didn't get rid of all the cosmo. There's still LOTS deep in the wood (and always will be), waiting to weep out when the forestock gets warm when shooting. Keep an old cotton t-shirt or rag in your gun case- it will get a lot of use wiping down the stock every shooting session.

I should get one of these Turkish Mausers- they look like a lot of fun. I've got a Yugo m24/47 I like to shoot and clean/de-cosmo.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle.  Both of my Turks are good shooters.  You have to learn to love "cosmolene".  It's what has preservedthese beauties for us to shoot today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top