Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 5:22:38 PM EDT
Just got a forumula together to render the USC45 in GREEN. For more/larger pics and info please visit the links found at:
alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/SL8/clients/

Thanx for your time!!

Here's a teaser pic:
http://alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/SL8/clients/greenuscleftcutn.jpg
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you sell USC's? If so, what's the price on a black one?

Real nice work. I've always hated that P.C. grey color that the SL8's and the USC are made in.

USC's obviously have a rail on top to mount optics?

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Another USC question. Would it be possible to chop off the last 2 inches of the barrel and add a 2 inch muzzle brake on it as well?

An all black USC with a 2" muzzle brake totalling 16" would be killer!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
M4,
My process is NOT paint! I would STRONGLY advise AGAINST painting any polymer with ANY type paint. The properties of the paint (no matter HOW "good" or "tough" it may be) is irrelevant to it's abilities to permanently adhere to this polymer. It WILL (sooner or later) release.

My process is called Thermal Dye Sublimation.
I actually press "thin" and "transparent" sublimation pigment INTO the plastic. You would have to scrape off plastic to remove the coloring.

I have more info located at:
alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/SL8/
I hope you find the info useful.

Yeah.. Rails do mount to the gun. This gun was sent to me dismanted. These are the pics of just the items sent for my recolor job.

A permanent MB would be awesome and much better looking. I'm hoping that E&L release a "SD" type shroud soon for this gun.

I'm not a gunsmith and do not perform gunsmithing services, so I can't be of any service to you on any other thing relative to either the USC or SL8-1. I can just make 'em Black (or Green).
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Keith, would your process work on the forend, pistol grip, and stock of an AR15, and if so, what would you charge to dye them green?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
NYPatriot,
Sorry... but sublimation dyes can only work on "light" or white porous materials. It doesnt work on ALL materials.. you have to test and formulate each application individually.
You can make items "darker" thru sublimation, but cannot "re-color" dark objects.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you sell USC's? If so, what's the price on a black one?

M4,
I did have ONE BLACK USC for sale. It is NOW sold.

I bought this SOLELY to make black with my process.

This is the FIRST gun to have my treatment applied to it. She is Beautiful!

*** Gun is NOW sold!!***
For a REALLY BIG pic click on this link:
alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/USC45/forward.jpg
Here is a smaller version of the same pic:
http://alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/USC45/forwardtn.jpg
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you take trade-ins? Is it possible to 'tell' that the gun has been colored? Are there stroke or texture markes, drip marks, excess dye buildup in corners or panel lines, rough edges where the dye dried, etc? (I realize it is not brushed on)
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#8]
No trade ins, sorry. The Black gun has now been sold. There is no indication that the weapon was ever any other color. It appears to be "factory" black. Visit the links. There is plenty of info and a collection of pics there.

Thanx,
KB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top