Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/23/2003 4:37:27 PM EDT
Traffic was pretty bad when I got out of work so I stopped by the local range. They had a Outers Rimire trap for a great price so I bought it.
I've been shooting Rem subsonics and Super Colibri for the past couple hours...in my living room! Oh what fun!
I've only used my Ruger MKII Gov. HB so far.
Tommorow I'll go outside and try the 10/22.
The Colibri won't cycle the Ruger, but they feed fine. The subsonics seem to be more accurate.
BTW, I'm shooting them at about 15 ft so I wear my eye protection (and ears with the subsonic rounds).
I was tempted to set the trap on top of my TV...but thought better of it.
I can't believe I didn't buy one of these sooner!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:03:29 PM EDT
Just bought a suppressor!!! Been shooting in the back yard in the city!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:37:21 AM EDT
Are you saying that you've been discharging a firearm within city limits? Bad boy!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:19:52 AM EDT
I was going to get a rimfire trap until my City Attorney advised me that even indoors, there is an ordinance prohibiting the discharging of a firearm in the city limits.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:27:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slacker:
Traffic was pretty bad when I got out of work so I stopped by the local range. They had a Outers Rimire trap for a great price so I bought it.

Too bad you paid for one. I've been using 3 old phone books in a box. Didn't cost me a dime, and has never let a bullet go through even half of the first book. Even the HP .22s are no match for the mighty phone books.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:43:01 AM EDT
Yeah, I've been doing the phone-books and magazines in a box thing for years. When you're shooting suppressed, the trap rings so loud it almost defeats the purpose for having a suppressor..not to mention the lead dust you get out of the steel trap.

Shooting into the above contraption suppressed just sounds like pSSSSWhap.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:27:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:
Yeah, I've been doing the phone-books and magazines in a box thing for years. When you're shooting suppressed, the trap rings so loud it almost defeats the purpose for having a suppressor..not to mention the lead dust you get out of the steel trap.

Shooting into the above contraption suppressed just sounds like pSSSSWhap.

You ain't kidding. That trap makes a very loud ringing noise when the round hits it. Much louder than the Super Colibri report.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:46:22 PM EDT

Are you saying that you've been discharging a firearm within city limits?

Depends who's asking.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:46:47 PM EDT
Ahh. Watch out for lead poisoning.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2003 9:50:27 PM EDT by warlord]

Originally Posted By ZRH:
Ahh. Watch out for lead poisoning.

DITTO on the lean poisoning. There is lead in the primer, and when you shoot it indoors, its going to get all over the inside of your house, furniture etc. I know a friend who USED to use a vibratory tumbler to clean his spent brass casings in his bedroom; on a lark he had is buddy who is a hospital lab tech at a hospital analyze his blood, and the lead in his blood was way over the max allowable, and I mean way over, it was somthing like triple. Needless to say my buddy does not tumbled brass in his room anymore.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:15:18 PM EDT
Yeah. I mean indoor shooting ranges have huge ventilation systems and ones house doesnt. Personally I wouldnt risk it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:39:46 AM EDT
What ever you do, dont lay under the bed and shoot if you dont take the dust ruffles off. They will burn.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:51:51 AM EDT
Sounds like you are talking from experience
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:16:38 AM EDT
Yup. A little.
Top Top