Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2002 8:05:09 PM EDT
for just under $1,000. I've got an all original '43 Standard Products M1 Carbine and have been looking for an M1 to match it. This M1 is all Springfield and correct except for some kind of fork on the op rod spring that should be short but was fitted with the longer one at the arsenal, a friend of mine has a couple extra forks so will replace it later.  It looks like it went thru the arsenal rebuild a long time ago when it was all done by hand as the wood isn't all messed up from a belt sander on the edges or at the butt plate. It's still got the original lock bar rear sight on it which I think is neat although I've heard they are a pain in the ass and slower to use. I feel I got a good deal on the rifle and will definitely be a keeper...now to buy 30-06 ammo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My M1 is a springfield 43 too. It has all SA parts but doesn't have the lockbar sights. It is also what is called a "2 tone" receiver. The finish from the rear sight back is darker and shinier than the rest of the gun. It scared me until I asked a guy from Fulton Armory and he said it was because they found that grenade launching cracked the rear of the reciever where the bolt stops. It was during the war and there was no way they were going to halt production until new heat treating methods could be developed, so they just dipped the rear of the receiver in molten lead. So if anything it further establishes the authenticity of my m1.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Our rifles are brothers ... mine is July-Aug of 43.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is March 43.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Oct. '43.

Oh crap, that's the third birthday this month I'll have to celebrate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top